Dear sir or madam,
I am currently thinking of turning to Linux so that using the Einstein Toolkit becomes easier. Which Linux version should I prefer?
Thanks for your time.
It really shouldn't matter. They should all work fine.
--Steve
On 5/30/2019 3:34 AM, Κοτοπούλης Δημήτρης wrote:
Dear sir or madam,
I am currently thinking of turning to Linux so that using the Einstein Toolkit becomes easier. Which Linux version should I prefer?
Thanks for your time.
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Hello Κοτοπούλης,
I am currently thinking of turning to Linux so that using the Einstein Toolkit becomes easier. Which Linux version should I prefer?
We test the Einstein Toolkit on a number of Linux distributions before each release and it should work on any of them. You can see the list here: http://einsteintoolkit.org/testsuite_results/index.php and currently it includes: debian (stable and testing release), Fedora Core (29), Linux Mint (19.1), OpenSuSE (Tumbleweed), Ubuntu (18.04 long-term-support and 18.10), CentOS (7).
Any of the Desktop distributions should work without problems. CentOS (since it targets servers) can be a bit more tricky since the default installation may not install any GUI.
If you have not used Linux before you are probably best off using a common distribution like Ubuntu.
Yours, Roland
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org