Hi ~
I’m a PHD student in Taiwan and I want to download Einstein toolkit on my computer (Debian 8). But there was some problem happening when I type the command provided by the website ./GetComponents --parallel https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/manifest/raw/ET_2018_02/einsteintoolki...
It shows this message on my command line: xxx@xxxxx:~/einstein_toolkit$ ./GetComponents --parallel https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/manifest/raw/ET_2018_02/einsteintoolki... You have requested a subversion checkout, but the system was unable to find subversion. Please enter the path to subversion: sh: 0: Illegal option --
Error: does not appear to be a working copy of svn!
I don’t know what this message mean. Does it mean that the subversion is not available on the Internet now?
By the way, I tried to get an account for the “Tutorial for New Users “ , following the instruction on the website step by step. However, I didn’t receive the verification email. I am not sure if there is some thing wrong in the system.
So, can you help me and check the system? If all works well, please let me know. Maybe I just made some mistakes when I did the installation and register for the new account.
Best regards,
Carl
Hello, it means you don't have subversion installed on your debian system. Please run "sudo apt-get install subversion".
--Steve
On 02/18/2018 08:59 AM, 簡上育 wrote:
Hi ~
I’m a PHD student in Taiwan and I want to download Einstein toolkit on my computer (Debian 8). But there was some problem happening when I type the command provided by the website ./GetComponents --parallelhttps://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/manifest/raw/ET_2018_02/einsteintoolki...
It shows this message on my command line: xxx@xxxxx:~/einstein_toolkit$ ./GetComponents --parallel https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/manifest/raw/ET_2018_02/einsteintoolki... You have requested a subversion checkout, but the system was unable to find subversion. Please enter the path to subversion: sh: 0: Illegal option --
*Error: * does not appear to be a working copy of svn!
I don’t know what this message mean. Does it mean that the subversion is not available on the Internet now?
By the way, I tried to get an account for the “Tutorial for New Users “ , following the instruction on the website step by step. However, I didn’t receive the verification email. I am not sure if there is some thing wrong in the system.
So, can you help me and check the system? If all works well, please let me know. Maybe I just made some mistakes when I did the installation and register for the new account.
Best regards,
Carl
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org