Hello everyone,
I'm Alessandro Ciarfella, a Ph.D. student at the Rochester Institute of Technology. I was trying to run the single star simulation example on ubuntu installed on a virtual box but after I submit the simulation and run the python code to plot the output either from inside the Cactus directory or the home directory the following error message appears:
/bin/sh: 1: /home/alessandro/simulations/tov_ET/output-0002: Permission denied Output is written to Traceback (most recent call last): File "tov_ET.py", line 9, in <module> lin_data = np.genfromtxt(outdir+"/tov_ET/hydrobase-rho.maximum.asc") File "/home/alessandro/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/numpy/lib/npyio.py", line 1793, in genfromtxt fid = np.lib._datasource.open(fname, 'rt', encoding=encoding) File "/home/alessandro/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/numpy/lib/_datasource.py", line 193, in open return ds.open(path, mode, encoding=encoding, newline=newline) File "/home/alessandro/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/numpy/lib/_datasource.py", line 533, in open raise IOError("%s not found." % path) OSError: /tov_ET/hydrobase-rho.maximum.asc not found.
I would highly appreciate some help on this. Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Alessandro Ciarfella
Hello Alessandro,
the first error and the cause for the others seems to be:
/bin/sh: 1: /home/alessandro/simulations/tov_ET/output-0002: Permission denied
which indicates that somehow the directory is not accessible to your user account.
You can check by running:
ls -lhd /home/alessandro/simulations/tov_ET/output-0002
what permission bits are set. Possibly you have to do so for all parent directories:
/home/alessandro/simulations/tov_ET/ /home/alessandro/simulations/ /home/alessandro/
as well.
One way I could see that happening would be if you were running the simulation in a docker container (as the "root" user in there) but had mounted your $HOME into the container to be accessible to it.
In that case files would still be owned by "root" (since it is user number 0 both inside and outside of the container) but not by you.
Other than that I have no clue what may be going on. If my guess was not right, then if you could describe in more details your setup (OS, how you run the ET, did you use docker or something similar, did you use the Linux subsystem on windows etc).
Yours, Roland
Hello everyone,
I'm Alessandro Ciarfella, a Ph.D. student at the Rochester Institute of Technology. I was trying to run the single star simulation example on ubuntu installed on a virtual box but after I submit the simulation and run the python code to plot the output either from inside the Cactus directory or the home directory the following error message appears:
/bin/sh: 1: /home/alessandro/simulations/tov_ET/output-0002: Permission denied Output is written to Traceback (most recent call last): File "tov_ET.py", line 9, in <module> lin_data = np.genfromtxt(outdir+"/tov_ET/hydrobase-rho.maximum.asc") File "/home/alessandro/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/numpy/lib/npyio.py", line 1793, in genfromtxt fid = np.lib._datasource.open(fname, 'rt', encoding=encoding) File "/home/alessandro/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/numpy/lib/_datasource.py", line 193, in open return ds.open(path, mode, encoding=encoding, newline=newline) File "/home/alessandro/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/numpy/lib/_datasource.py", line 533, in open raise IOError("%s not found." % path) OSError: /tov_ET/hydrobase-rho.maximum.asc not found.
I would highly appreciate some help on this. Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Alessandro Ciarfella
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinf...
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org