Ok, this is pretty low-priority. Working around it no big deal, but it would be nice to have things configured so this didn't come up:
I'm at a coffee shop and for some reason simfactory is pulling a weird machine name based on the local subnet. Never seen this before. I'm building from within Eclipse using Mojave. Here's the console log from Mojave->Build...
/usr/bin/python simfactory/lib/sim.py build --mdbkey=make -j 1 --verbose bruiser --thornlist /Users/shawley/ThornLists/ThornListBruiser --optionlist /Users/shawley/options.bruiser.mac IN DIRECTORY: /Users/shawley/Cactus Unknown machine name provision.forbidden.wifi-zones.comhttp://provision.forbidden.wifi-zones.com Error: Unknown local machine provision.forbidden.wifi-zones.comhttp://provision.forbidden.wifi-zones.com. Please use 'sim setup' to create a local machine entry from the generic template. Aborting Simfactory.
But when I check my environment I can't find any reference to said machine. Mojave->Env yields % env ... HOST=provision
In fact there's no reference to that domain... % env | grep wifi %
??
And my machine name file is there % ls ~/Cactus/simfactory/mdb/machines/provision.ini /Users/shawley/Cactus/simfactory/mdb/machines/provision.ini
Any suggestions for a solution that works automatically, all the time? For now I just turned my wifi off and it works fine... Thanks, Scott
This had no effect...
% cd simfactory/mdb/machines/ % ln -s provision.ini provision.forbidden.wifi-zones.com.ini
Same error... Hmm.
The simfactory script seems to just use `hostname`, but that just returns the usual "provision" with no "forbidden.wifi-zones.comhttp://forbidden.wifi-zones.com" on there. ?
On Jun 13, 2013, at 1:57 PM, Scott Hawley <scott.hawley@belmont.edumailto:scott.hawley@belmont.edu> wrote:
Ok, this is pretty low-priority. Working around it no big deal, but it would be nice to have things configured so this didn't come up:
I'm at a coffee shop and for some reason simfactory is pulling a weird machine name based on the local subnet. Never seen this before. I'm building from within Eclipse using Mojave. Here's the console log from Mojave->Build...
/usr/bin/python simfactory/lib/sim.py build --mdbkey=make -j 1 --verbose bruiser --thornlist /Users/shawley/ThornLists/ThornListBruiser --optionlist /Users/shawley/options.bruiser.mac IN DIRECTORY: /Users/shawley/Cactus Unknown machine name provision.forbidden.wifi-zones.comhttp://provision.forbidden.wifi-zones.com/ Error: Unknown local machine provision.forbidden.wifi-zones.comhttp://provision.forbidden.wifi-zones.com/. Please use 'sim setup' to create a local machine entry from the generic template. Aborting Simfactory.
But when I check my environment I can't find any reference to said machine. Mojave->Env yields % env ... HOST=provision
In fact there's no reference to that domain... % env | grep wifi %
??
And my machine name file is there % ls ~/Cactus/simfactory/mdb/machines/provision.ini /Users/shawley/Cactus/simfactory/mdb/machines/provision.ini
Any suggestions for a solution that works automatically, all the time? For now I just turned my wifi off and it works fine... Thanks, Scott
_______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.orgmailto:Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1
Hello Scott,
Any suggestions for a solution that works automatically, all the time? For now I just turned my wifi off and it works fine...
You can pass the --machine option to simfactory and explicitly tell it which computer your are on and thus which ini file to use.
Yours, Roland
- -- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 06:57:09PM +0000, Scott Hawley wrote:
I'm at a coffee shop and for some reason simfactory is pulling a weird machine name based on the local subnet. Never seen this before. I'm building from within Eclipse using Mojave. Here's the console log from Mojave->Build...
There should be a way to tell your system not to accept host names via dhcp, at least that would be the option I would try first.
Frank
On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 06:57:09PM +0000, Scott Hawley wrote:
I'm at a coffee shop and for some reason simfactory is pulling a weird machine name based on the local subnet. Never seen this before.
I now remember that you can try adding a file ~/.hostname with the hostname you want simfactory to use.
This has come up before. Is there a simfactory FAQ?
Frank
Did Frank's .hostname suggestion provide a satisfactory answer?
Cheers, Steve
On 06/14/2013 02:57 AM, Scott Hawley wrote:
Ok, this is pretty low-priority. Working around it no big deal, but it would be nice to have things configured so this didn't come up:
I'm at a coffee shop and for some reason simfactory is pulling a weird machine name based on the local subnet. Never seen this before. I'm building from within Eclipse using Mojave. Here's the console log from Mojave->Build...
/usr/bin/python simfactory/lib/sim.py build --mdbkey=make -j 1 --verbose bruiser --thornlist /Users/shawley/ThornLists/ThornListBruiser --optionlist /Users/shawley/options.bruiser.mac IN DIRECTORY: /Users/shawley/Cactus Unknown machine name provision.forbidden.wifi-zones.com http://provision.forbidden.wifi-zones.com Error: Unknown local machine provision.forbidden.wifi-zones.com http://provision.forbidden.wifi-zones.com. Please use 'sim setup' to create a local machine entry from the generic template. Aborting Simfactory.
But when I check my environment I can't find any reference to said machine. Mojave->Env yields % env ... HOST=provision
In fact there's no reference to that domain... % env | grep wifi %
??
And my machine name file is there % ls ~/Cactus/simfactory/mdb/machines/provision.ini /Users/shawley/Cactus/simfactory/mdb/machines/provision.ini
Any suggestions for a solution that works automatically, all the time? For now I just turned my wifi off and it works fine... Thanks, Scott
Steve, I was unable to duplicate the error after leaving that location and switching to a new wifi network. -Scott
From: "Steven R. Brandt" <sbrandt@cct.lsu.edumailto:sbrandt@cct.lsu.edu> Date: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 1:43 AM To: Scott Hawley <scott.hawley@belmont.edumailto:scott.hawley@belmont.edu> Cc: "users@einsteintoolkit.orgmailto:users@einsteintoolkit.org" <users@einsteintoolkit.orgmailto:users@einsteintoolkit.org> Subject: Re: Simfactory/Mojave: machine name error
Did Frank's .hostname suggestion provide a satisfactory answer?
Cheers, Steve
On 06/14/2013 02:57 AM, Scott Hawley wrote: Ok, this is pretty low-priority. Working around it no big deal, but it would be nice to have things configured so this didn't come up:
I'm at a coffee shop and for some reason simfactory is pulling a weird machine name based on the local subnet. Never seen this before. I'm building from within Eclipse using Mojave. Here's the console log from Mojave->Build...
/usr/bin/python simfactory/lib/sim.py build --mdbkey=make -j 1 --verbose bruiser --thornlist /Users/shawley/ThornLists/ThornListBruiser --optionlist /Users/shawley/options.bruiser.mac IN DIRECTORY: /Users/shawley/Cactus Unknown machine name provision.forbidden.wifi-zones.comhttp://provision.forbidden.wifi-zones.com Error: Unknown local machine provision.forbidden.wifi-zones.comhttp://provision.forbidden.wifi-zones.com. Please use 'sim setup' to create a local machine entry from the generic template. Aborting Simfactory.
But when I check my environment I can't find any reference to said machine. Mojave->Env yields % env ... HOST=provision
In fact there's no reference to that domain... % env | grep wifi %
??
And my machine name file is there % ls ~/Cactus/simfactory/mdb/machines/provision.ini /Users/shawley/Cactus/simfactory/mdb/machines/provision.ini
Any suggestions for a solution that works automatically, all the time? For now I just turned my wifi off and it works fine... Thanks, Scott
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org