Hi,
I finally got Cactus to build on my macbook pro today and ran static_tov with apparent success. Thanks for all those who helped.
I have another question, admittedly naive. Namely, I want to run a Brill wave using McLaclan. Can you guys point me to the appropriate config to do this old test? I see that Gundlach (and maybe others) has made IDBrillData in EinsteinInitialData. So if I want to make a config which will run this problem presumably using ML_* and IDBrillData I need to create such, unless there is one around somewhere that I can use. Can someone(s) help me out?
Thanks.
Comer
Hello Comer,
I have another question, admittedly naive. Namely, I want to run a Brill wave using McLaclan. Can you guys point me to the appropriate config to do this old test? I see that Gundlach (and maybe others) has made IDBrillData in EinsteinInitialData. So if I want to make a config which will run this problem presumably using ML_* and IDBrillData I need to create such, unless there is one around somewhere that I can use. Can someone(s) help me out?
I'd take one of the test file Cactus/arrangements/CactusNumerical/Dissipation/test/test_ah.par which already uses IDBrillData and ML_BSSN and combine it with a more useful parameter file (say Cactus/par/ks-mclachlan.par) to have something more like an actually useful simulation.
Note that IDBrillData is very much unused by now and requires some tricks to get to work with McLachlan (see the comments in test_ah.par).
Yours, Roland
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org