Hello Villani,
The comman lbd release --all says:
No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Ubuntu Description: Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS Release: 16.04 Codename: xenial
I ran
svn info https://github.com/einsteintoolkit/ExternalLibraries-GSL.git
on a Ubuntu Xenial machine of my own and it seems to have worked fine, namely I get:
--8<-- svn info https://github.com/einsteintoolkit/ExternalLibraries-GSL.git Path: ExternalLibraries-GSL.git URL: https://github.com/einsteintoolkit/ExternalLibraries-GSL.git Relative URL: ^/ Repository Root: https://github.com/einsteintoolkit/ExternalLibraries-GSL.git Repository UUID: f02328a3-b203-f8a2-b1da-ce57b7db7bff Revision: 756 Node Kind: directory Last Changed Author: roland.haas Last Changed Rev: 756 Last Changed Date: 2019-03-13 22:11:00 +0000 (Wed, 13 Mar 2019) --8<--
while failure would look like so
--8<-- svn info https://github.com/einsteintoolkit/ExternalLibraries-GSL.git svn: OPTIONS of 'https://github.com/einsteintoolkit/ExternalLibraries-GSL.git': SSL handshake failed: SSL error: tlsv1 alert protocol version (https://github.com) --8<--
I have to admit I am running out of ideas. Would you mind providing the two output files (svn.log and GetComponents.log) that I had asked about, please?
The University uses G-Mail so I cannot do anything about that.
I feared as much, yes. I have forwarded your error message to my Universities IT services with exactly that admonition (namely that Universities are using GMail).
Yours, Roland
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org