Sir,
I have an HP laptop with intel i5 4th gen processor, AMD graphic card, 8 gb ram, 2 cores and 1 socket.
I am trying to install ET on my laptop but I am getting an error message that says Flesh MPI and error reconfiguring sim-config, make: ***[Makefile: 733: sim-config] Error 2.
Please help me with this issue.
Thank you.
You have only provided us with the tail end of the output of the build. The real error message would be higher up.
Did you install the relevant prerequisites?
sudo dnf install -y libjpeg-turbo-devel gcc git lapack-devel make hostname subversion gcc-c++ which papi-devel hwloc-devel openmpi-devel hdf5-openmpi-devel openssl-devel libtool-ltdl-devel numactl-devel gcc-gfortran findutils hdf5-devel fftw-devel patch rsync gsl-devel pkgconfig
Before you compile, you'll need mpicc in your path. So please run
module load mpi/openmpi-x86_64
to set your environment.
--Steve
On 2/27/2020 4:13 AM, Yash Patley wrote:
Sir,
I have an HP laptop with intel i5 4th gen processor, AMD graphic card, 8 gb ram, 2 cores and 1 socket.
I am trying to install ET on my laptop but I am getting an error message that says Flesh MPI and error reconfiguring sim-config, make: ***[Makefile: 733: sim-config] Error 2.
Please help me with this issue.
Thank you.
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Hello: Yash Patley,
this error message unfortunately is too generic. "Error 2" is make's generic error code when something went wrong.
There likely is a more detailed error somewhere earlier in the output that may provide a hint as to the original cause of the failure.
To help you diagnose and fix the problem, please include the output file "make.log" produced by:
simfactory/bin/sim build &>make.log
as well as the files:
configs/sim/OptionList
simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini
as well as the *.ini file that corresponds to your laptop (see the output of simfactory/bin/sim whomai) in
simfactory/mdb/machines
Yours, Roland
Sir,
I have an HP laptop with intel i5 4th gen processor, AMD graphic card, 8 gb ram, 2 cores and 1 socket.
I am trying to install ET on my laptop but I am getting an error message that says Flesh MPI and error reconfiguring sim-config, make: ***[Makefile: 733: sim-config] Error 2.
Please help me with this issue.
Thank you.
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org