I have been trying to download from the tools page the following is the results:
1. http://www.einsteintoolkit.org 2. http://cactuscode.org/documentation/visualization/ clicked on OpenDx, 3. http://cactuscode.org/documentation/visualization/openDX/ beneath the two graphics was a section OpenDXutils Package with several enumeration paragraphs like 1. importHDF5 4. Each of them resulted in :
http://cactuscode.org/documentation/visualization/Visualization/ImportHDF5
Page Not Found - Error 404
Apologies, no page exists at this address.
Please let the Cactus team know if there's a bad internal link somewhere.
David
Thanks for the pointer.
Most people these days prefer to use VisIt over OpenDX; see < http://cactuscode.org/documentation/visualization/VisIt/%3E. The VisIt importers are actively used and maintained. I'm unsure about OpenDX.
The OpenDX importer was located in a CVS repository named Visualization/OpenDX at cvs.cct.lsu.edu:/numrel, but we migrated to SVN some time ago. I don't know where it is located now -- does anybody else know?
-erik
On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 10:10 PM, David Bradley kb9qhd@charter.net wrote:
I have been trying to download from the tools page the following is the results:
- http://www.einsteintoolkit.org
- http://cactuscode.org/documentation/visualization/ clicked on OpenDx,
- http://cactuscode.org/documentation/visualization/openDX/ beneath the two graphics was a section OpenDXutils Package with several enumeration paragraphs like 1. importHDF5
- Each of them resulted in :
http://cactuscode.org/documentation/visualization/Visualization/ImportHDF5
Page Not Found - Error 404 Apologies, no page exists at this address. Please let the Cactus team know if there's a bad internal linksomewhere.
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Hello all,
Thanks for the pointer.
Most people these days prefer to use VisIt over OpenDX; see< http://cactuscode.org/documentation/visualization/VisIt/%3E. The VisIt importers are actively used and maintained. I'm unsure about OpenDX.
The OpenDX importer was located in a CVS repository named Visualization/OpenDX at cvs.cct.lsu.edu:/numrel, but we migrated to SVN some time ago. I don't know where it is located now -- does anybody else know?
Yes. It's in svn.
http://svn.cactuscode.org/VizTools/OpenDXutils/trunk/
svn co http://svn.cactuscode.org/VizTools/OpenDXutils/trunk/ OpenDXutils
I dropped the ball a bit here. David had been in contact with me (via private email) before concerning this issue but I eventually referred him to the Cactus users list since I do not have write access to the Cactus web-site.
So if somebody with write access would either update the link to point to svn or remove the errant page (I assume the page was lost when switching content management systems a while ago?), that would be helpful. Do we still actively support the OpenDX reader at all? From the filenames there *is* a Carpet reader.
Yours, Roland
On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM, Roland Haas < roland.haas@physics.gatech.edu> wrote:
Hello all,
Thanks for the pointer.
Most people these days prefer to use VisIt over OpenDX; see< http://cactuscode.org/documentation/visualization/VisIt/%3E. The VisIt importers are actively used and maintained. I'm unsure about OpenDX.
The OpenDX importer was located in a CVS repository named Visualization/OpenDX at cvs.cct.lsu.edu:/numrel, but we migrated to SVN some time ago. I don't know where it is located now -- does anybody else know?
Yes. It's in svn.
http://svn.cactuscode.org/VizTools/OpenDXutils/trunk/
svn co http://svn.cactuscode.org/VizTools/OpenDXutils/trunk/ OpenDXutils
I dropped the ball a bit here. David had been in contact with me (via private email) before concerning this issue but I eventually referred him to the Cactus users list since I do not have write access to the Cactus web-site.
So if somebody with write access would either update the link to point to svn or remove the errant page (I assume the page was lost when switching content management systems a while ago?), that would be helpful. Do we still actively support the OpenDX reader at all? From the filenames there *is* a Carpet reader.
If there is still an OpenDX user, then it is probably Peter Diener.
-erik
I must admit, I haven't installed it on my new laptop yet. I may try it soon and make sure that it still works.
Cheers,
Peter
On Sat, 23 Feb 2013, Frank Loeffler wrote:
On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 09:29:08AM -0500, Erik Schnetter wrote:
If there is still an OpenDX user, then it is probably Peter Diener.
He didn't use it in a long time either.
Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org