Hello,
I used GetComponents with my thornlist to checkout a Cactus tree. Then I modified the thornlist, entered into the directory Cactus and run
bin/GetComponents --root=../20120705.th
(without the --update option)
The unexpected result is that this time the specified thornlist is not read. Instead, GetComponents uses the original thornlist, probably stored somewhere (where?).
Is this behaviour intended?
Cheers, Luca
Hello Luca,
I used GetComponents with my thornlist to checkout a Cactus tree. Then I modified the thornlist, entered into the directory Cactus and run
bin/GetComponents --root=../20120705.th
Silly question: Are you sure this is the exact command line you used? You really want to use a file (../20120705.th) as the root directory (this should fail)? I would have expected something like:
bin/GetComponents --root=. ../20120705.th
Which should work.
Yours, Roland
Thanks Roland,
silly enough to be true ;-)
Maybe GetComponents could abort with an error if the specified directory does not exist. This would help users with sight problems...
Luca
On 7/24/12 9:37 AM, Roland Haas wrote:
Hello Luca,
I used GetComponents with my thornlist to checkout a Cactus tree. Then I modified the thornlist, entered into the directory Cactus and run
bin/GetComponents --root=../20120705.th
Silly question: Are you sure this is the exact command line you used? You really want to use a file (../20120705.th) as the root directory (this should fail)? I would have expected something like:
bin/GetComponents --root=. ../20120705.th
Which should work.
Yours, Roland
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Please open a trac ticket for this.
-erik
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:09 AM, Luca Baiotti baiotti@ile.osaka-u.ac.jp wrote:
Thanks Roland,
silly enough to be true ;-)
Maybe GetComponents could abort with an error if the specified directory does not exist. This would help users with sight problems...
Luca
On 7/24/12 9:37 AM, Roland Haas wrote:
Hello Luca,
I used GetComponents with my thornlist to checkout a Cactus tree. Then I modified the thornlist, entered into the directory Cactus and run
bin/GetComponents --root=../20120705.th
Silly question: Are you sure this is the exact command line you used? You really want to use a file (../20120705.th) as the root directory (this should fail)? I would have expected something like:
bin/GetComponents --root=. ../20120705.th
Which should work.
Yours, Roland
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org