I don't remember but I don't think we had a long discussion on this. I suggest we leave it out.
How about adding an EinsteinArchive repository to SVN to add move old thorns like this too, if a thorn is moved should add to the README when it was put there and why (e.g. Erik's text below).
On Apr 12, 2010, at 2:02 PM, Erik Schnetter wrote:
I don't remember -- did we say we wanted to include thorn ADM, or leave it out?
It uses old APIs that we want to disable at some point (doesn't use MoL, uses the old CalcTmunu interface, doesn't support higher order differencing, is not parallelised with OpenMP, etc.). It also takes a long time to compile, and I doubt that people will be interested in it.
Should we leave it out of our Einstein Toolkit thorn list?
If people are interested in an ADM code, then we can use our Kranc- generated ADM code that is part of McLachlan (although I still don't think people will be interested).
-erik
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/
Developers mailing list Developers@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/developers
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org