For any users running OX Lion who experience an *intermittent* link error at the end of their Cactus build, similar to
ld: in /Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/bruiser/lib/libthorn_Formaline-cactus-source.a(cactus_source), archive member 'cactus_source' with length 0 is not mach-o or llvm bitcode for architecture x86_64 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Typically, just running 'make' a second time will complete the build and produce the "All done !"
Apart from this, I have experienced no changes from my Snow Leopard builds.*
-Scott
*that I use the "gcc-fsf-4.4" branch of compilers from the fink distribution.
On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Scott Hawley scott.hawley@belmont.edu wrote:
For any users running OX Lion who experience an *intermittent* link error at the end of their Cactus build, similar to
ld: in /Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/bruiser/lib/libthorn_Formaline-cactus-source.a(cactus_source), archive member 'cactus_source' with length 0 is not mach-o or llvm bitcode for architecture x86_64 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
I encountered a similar error while building. I believe I corrected it by deleting this file before it is re-generated while building.
-erik
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org