Hi everyone, I am trying to compile the Einstein toolkit on my MacBook Air with the M2 chip. The compilation fails. Attached is the make.log. Does anyone have an idea on how I can resolve this?
Joachim
You do not have the "sz" library installed. The HDF5 thorn expects it. You should be able to correct this by setting e.g. the configuration variable HDF5_LIBS when configuring Cactus. Details depend on how you actually configured Cactus -- can you post your configuration options?
-erik
On Aug 30, 2024, at 08:45, Joachim Oechslin jo.oechslin@gmail.com wrote:
Hi everyone, I am trying to compile the Einstein toolkit on my MacBook Air with the M2 chip. The compilation fails. Attached is the make.log. Does anyone have an idea on how I can resolve this? <make.log>_______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Hello Joachim,
I am trying to compile the Einstein toolkit on my MacBook Air with the M2 chip. The compilation fails. Attached is the make.log. Does anyone have an idea on how I can resolve this?
Thanks for including the log file.
This is mostly a macports issue I think not specifically M2 related.
This seems to be the same issue as in
https://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2024-August/009434.html
and the workaround for now is to (see that email for more details)
``` export LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib/libaec/lib ```
before running `sim build`.
With this I still get some warnings that are however harmless and I can run the resulting executable. Eg
``` ./exe/cactus_sim -T ```
which will output a (long) list of all compiled in thorns.
Yours, Roland
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org