I just found that I had an old Kranc checkout from the wrong repository. Get Components did not notice this, and updated from this repository instead of aborting and/or switching to the new repository. (This explains why my version of Kranc didn't work.)
GetComponents should check this, and warn/abort if the checked out repository url is different from the one specified in the thorn list. I assume that people will move repositories from time to time for various reasons, and sticking with the wrong/old one should be noticed.
-erik
That's a very good point Erik. Do you think we should also add some sort of marker if the user decides to stick with the old repo location?
Eric
On Jun 22, 2010, at 10:53 AM, Erik Schnetter wrote:
I just found that I had an old Kranc checkout from the wrong repository. Get Components did not notice this, and updated from this repository instead of aborting and/or switching to the new repository. (This explains why my version of Kranc didn't work.)
GetComponents should check this, and warn/abort if the checked out repository url is different from the one specified in the thorn list. I assume that people will move repositories from time to time for various reasons, and sticking with the wrong/old one should be noticed.
-erik
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org