Dear users,
I am installing "PostCactus" as $ pip install PostCactus. My python version is,
*Python 2.7.17*
Still, I am getting following error,
Defaulting to user installation because normal site-packages is not writeable ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement PostCactus (from versions: none) ERROR: No matching distribution found for PostCactus
On 9/6/20 7:38 AM, Bilal Hameed wrote:
Dear users,
I am installing "PostCactus" as $ pip install PostCactus. My python
This wont work because PostCactus is not uploaded to PyPi. You have to first clone the code repository and then install from the package folder as
git clone git@github.com:wokast/PyCactus.git cd PyCactus pip install ./PostCactus
note the "./" is important or pip will try to download from PyPi instead using the local folder.
After installing is also a good time to build the documentation. Make sure you have sphinx installed in your Python environment and then do
cd PostCactus/doc make html
version is,
*Python 2.7.17*
Still, I am getting following error,
Defaulting to user installation because normal site-packages is not writeable ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement PostCactus (from versions: none) ERROR: No matching distribution found for PostCactus
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org