All, I have been stydying the par files that are provided, but can't seem to figure out how to add an external scalar, spinor, or vector field to the simulation. Specifically, I am interested in periodically sweeping a polarized electromagnetic plane wave across a simulation volume, from a source point that is outside the simulation volume. I am also curious about permeating a volume with a bispinor field. Is there a package that I would have to add? Regards, Ben Bernard
Hi Ben,
On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 11:27:28AM -0800, Ben Bernard wrote:
Specifically, I am interested in periodically sweeping a polarized electromagnetic plane wave across a simulation volume, from a source point that is outside the simulation volume.
I assume what you are interested in are the effects these waves have on something within the simulation domain. There isn't code (I know of) in the toolkit that could readily produce data like this. Thus, at the very minimum, you would need to write some code (a new thorn most likely) that does this; providing a boundary condition for such an incoming wave. I cannot say more than that, as that really would depend on the details of what you plan to do.
I am also curious about permeating a volume with a bispinor field. Is there a package that I would have to add?
Again, I doubt something like that exists already, sorry.
Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org