Hello,
I just noticed that CCTK_CoordRange is depreciated and will be phased out soon. What should I use instead to find min/max values of coordinates? I could do reduction operations on the coordinate grid functions but that seems like a less elegant solution.
-DG
-- David Garrison, Ph.D. Interim Associate Dean for the College of Science and Engineering, Professor and Former Chair of Physics University of Houston-Clear Lake Bayou 3611 Houston, TX 77058
Tel: 281-283-3796 Fax: 281-283-3709 http://sce.uhcl.edu/garrison http://www.uhcl.edu/physics
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" ‹ Albert Einstein.
Hello David,
This fnction has been deprecated for a very long time. It is not really likely to go away "soon", really.
The docs (https://einsteintoolkit.org/referencemanual/ReferenceManual.html#x1-33000A2) suggest using thorn CoordBase's APIs. Unfortunately its docs (https://einsteintoolkit.org/thornguide/CactusBase/CoordBase/documentation.ht...) do not really say what to use.
The function to use would be GetDomainSpecification, described in its interface.ccl file (https://bitbucket.org/cactuscode/cactusbase/src/921e6604ea87fa5a2773fa5ba864...):
CCTK_INT FUNCTION GetDomainSpecification \ (CCTK_INT IN size, \ CCTK_REAL OUT ARRAY physical_min, \ CCTK_REAL OUT ARRAY physical_max, \ CCTK_REAL OUT ARRAY interior_min, \ CCTK_REAL OUT ARRAY interior_max, \ CCTK_REAL OUT ARRAY exterior_min, \ CCTK_REAL OUT ARRAY exterior_max, \ CCTK_REAL OUT ARRAY spacing)
with the "obvious" arguments being passed to it ("size" is the dimension of the arrays and the arrays are arrays of CCTK_REAL).
Note that this will only work for Cartesian only simulations, and not for those using curvilinear coordinates provided by Llama (multipatch simulations).
Yours, Roland
On Wed, 6 Jul 2022 16:05:04 +0000 "Garrison, David" Garrison@uhcl.edu wrote:
Hello,
I just noticed that CCTK_CoordRange is depreciated and will be phased out soon. What should I use instead to find min/max values of coordinates? I could do reduction operations on the coordinate grid functions but that seems like a less elegant solution.
-DG
-- David Garrison, Ph.D. Interim Associate Dean for the College of Science and Engineering, Professor and Former Chair of Physics University of Houston-Clear Lake Bayou 3611 Houston, TX 77058
Tel: 281-283-3796 Fax: 281-283-3709 https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://sce.uhcl.edu/garrison__;!!DZ3fjg!4jCOm4y9... https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.uhcl.edu/physics__;!!DZ3fjg!4jCOm4y96...
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" ‹ Albert Einstein.
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org