Hi, I'm trying to add an svn repository for my thorn in my Thornlist file, and it doesn't seem to be working or telling me the nature of the problem:
% ./GetComponents --debug --verbose ~/ThornLists/ThornListTexMEx
Warning: Nothing will be checked out from svn://svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos/texmex TexMEx
Is there something besides "debug" and "verbose" that will tell me WHY it won't be checked out? (I was reading the docs at http://cactuscode.org/documentation/GetComponents.php)
Thanks. -Scott
PS- The lines in question are:
# TexMex !TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = svn !ANONYMOUS_USER = anonymous !ANONYMOUS_PASSWORD = anon !URL = svn://svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos/texmex TexMEx
-- Scott H. Hawley, Ph.D. Asst. Prof. of Physics Chemistry & Physics Dept Office: Hitch 100D Belmont University Tel: +1-615-460-6206 Nashville, TN 37212 USA Fax: +1-615-460-5458 PGP Key at http://sks-keyservers.net
On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 01:42:24PM -0700, Scott Hawley wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to add an svn repository for my thorn in my Thornlist file, and it doesn't seem to be working or telling me the nature of the problem:
Warning: Nothing will be checked out from svn://svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos/texmex TexMEx
This indicates that there is no "CHECKOUT" directive, and indeed, there isn't. Adding this helps. In addition, the directives for an anonymous user and password don't seem to be necessary, svn doesn't even ask for that (real public access without 'public password'). I also assume that you would like to have the thorn in an arrangement directory within the Cactus tree (and not as thorn within the arrangements directory, so what I ended up with is:
!CRL_VERSION = 1.0 !DEFINE ROOT = Cactus !DEFINE ARR = $ROOT/arrangements # TexMex !TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = svn !URL = svn://svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos/texmex !CHECKOUT = TexMEx/TexMEx
Frank
Thanks Frank.
Scott, the CHECKOUT directive is required for GetComponents to know where to place the thorn on your local filesystem.
Eric
Sent from my iPhone
On Jul 28, 2011, at 6:20 PM, Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 01:42:24PM -0700, Scott Hawley wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to add an svn repository for my thorn in my Thornlist file, and it doesn't seem to be working or telling me the nature of the problem:
Warning: Nothing will be checked out from svn://svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos/texmex TexMEx
This indicates that there is no "CHECKOUT" directive, and indeed, there isn't. Adding this helps. In addition, the directives for an anonymous user and password don't seem to be necessary, svn doesn't even ask for that (real public access without 'public password'). I also assume that you would like to have the thorn in an arrangement directory within the Cactus tree (and not as thorn within the arrangements directory, so what I ended up with is:
!CRL_VERSION = 1.0 !DEFINE ROOT = Cactus !DEFINE ARR = $ROOT/arrangements # TexMex !TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = svn !URL = svn://svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos/texmex !CHECKOUT = TexMEx/TexMEx
Frank
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Thanks guys. I missed that line. ;-)
One more question: Is there a way to have it checkout an entire arrangement, and not just individual thorn? I'd love it if it would checkout the whole "texmex" directory, and not just the "texmex/TexMEx" thorn.
Thanks,
On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 08:52:30AM -0700, Scott Hawley wrote:
One more question: Is there a way to have it checkout an entire arrangement, and not just individual thorn? I'd love it if it would checkout the whole "texmex" directory, and not just the "texmex/TexMEx" thorn.
Oh, I didn't notice that texmex/* is the complete code, not just the thorn. What I wrote last time would not really work though. The following however should give you what you want:
You would have code in Cactus/arrangements/TexMEx/ which Cactus cannot use, but that shouldn't be a problem. However, you would not be able to use the same file as thornlist for Cactus, as that one should contain TeXMEx/TeXMEx in the last line to tell Cactus only to look at the Cactus thorn.
Frank
!CRL_VERSION = 1.0 !DEFINE ROOT = Cactus !DEFINE ARR = $ROOT/arrangements # TexMex !TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = svn !URL = svn://svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos/texmex !CHECKOUT = TexMEx
Thanks Frank.
I ended up just going with a locations of arrangements/TexMEx/TexMex
If there was a way to checkout the whole texmex/ tree (of which texmex/TexMEx is the location of the thorn), that would be my preference, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to do that, and still have a usable ThornList for configuring Cactus. So people will just have to checkout the rest of the library manually.
Hi,
On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 05:49:05PM -0700, Scott Hawley wrote:
If there was a way to checkout the whole texmex/ tree (of which texmex/TexMEx is the location of the thorn), that would be my preference
The list below does this, but (understandably) has problems when used in parallel GetComponents mode because then it tries to checkout to the same location in parallel. In my tests it succeeds, but reports an error because of that.
Frank
!CRL_VERSION = 1.0 !DEFINE ROOT = Cactus !DEFINE ARR = $ROOT/arrangements # TexMex !TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = svn !URL = svn://svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos/texmex !CHECKOUT = TexMEx
!TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = svn !URL = svn://svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos/texmex/$1 !CHECKOUT = TexMEx/TexMEx
Thanks Frank. I was also able to get what I want with this:
!TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = svn !URL = svn://svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos !CHECKOUT = texmex texmex/TexMEx
I do get a warning message:
Checking out module: texmex/TexMEx from repository: svn://svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos into: Cactus/arrangements svn: 'texmex/TexMEx' is already a working copy for a different URL
Warning: Could not checkout module texmex/TexMEx
But the warning can be ignored. In the end, you get the whole texmex installation in arrangements/texmex and the thorn TexMEx is hanging off this, and you can use the thornlist to compile Cactus.
This should work with a parallel GetComponents should it not? I couldn't figure out how to try that. ./Getcomponents --help didn't seem to offer any options for parallelism, and running it via mpirun produced plenty of "could not get" messages for even the usual thorns.
-Scott
-- Scott H. Hawley, Ph.D. Asst. Prof. of Physics Chemistry & Physics Dept Office: Hitch 100D Belmont University Tel: +1-615-460-6206 Nashville, TN 37212 USA Fax: +1-615-460-5458 PGP Key at http://sks-keyservers.net
On Aug 1, 2011, at 10:13 PM, Frank Loeffler wrote:
Hi,
On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 05:49:05PM -0700, Scott Hawley wrote:
If there was a way to checkout the whole texmex/ tree (of which texmex/TexMEx is the location of the thorn), that would be my preference
The list below does this, but (understandably) has problems when used in parallel GetComponents mode because then it tries to checkout to the same location in parallel. In my tests it succeeds, but reports an error because of that.
Frank
!CRL_VERSION = 1.0 !DEFINE ROOT = Cactus !DEFINE ARR = $ROOT/arrangements # TexMex !TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = svn !URL = svn://svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos/texmex !CHECKOUT = TexMEx
!TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = svn !URL = svn://svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos/texmex/$1 !CHECKOUT = TexMEx/TexMEx
Hello Scott,
Thanks Frank. I was also able to get what I want with this:
!TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = svn !URL = svn://svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos !CHECKOUT = texmex texmex/TexMEx
I do get a warning message:
You should be able to get rid of the warning by putting a line !TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = ignore in front of texmex/TexMEx (no CHECKOUT needed). GetComponents then treats this as a new target section for which it has to do nothing. And since the previous (Cactus ignored) entry already put the TexMEx thorn there, this is fine.
Yours, Roland
Is the AEI repository for ET thorns still up? I'm not receiving a couple thorns…
in GetComponents:
# Various thorns from the AEI !TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = svn !AUTH_URL = https://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/$1/$2/branches/$ET_RELEASE !URL = http://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/$1/$2/branches/$ET_RELEASE !CHECKOUT = AEIThorns/ADMMass AEIThorns/OutsideMask AEIThorns/AEILocalInterp AEIThorns/SystemStatistics
----------------------------------------------------------------- Checking out module: AEIThorns/ADMMass from repository: http://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/AEIThorns/ADMMass/branches/ET_2011_05 into: Cactus/arrangements svn: URL 'http://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/AEIThorns/ADMMass/branches/ET_2011_05' doesn't exist
Warning: Could not checkout module AEIThorns/ADMMass
----------------------------------------------------------------- Checking out module: AEIThorns/OutsideMask from repository: http://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/AEIThorns/OutsideMask/branches/ET_2011_05 into: Cactus/arrangements svn: URL 'http://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/AEIThorns/OutsideMask/branches/ET_2011_05' doesn't exist
Warning: Could not checkout module AEIThorns/OutsideMask
----------------------------------------------------------------- 0 components checked out.
On Jul 28, 2011, at 10:26 PM, Eric Seidel wrote:
Thanks Frank.
Scott, the CHECKOUT directive is required for GetComponents to know where to place the thorn on your local filesystem.
Eric
Sent from my iPhone
On Jul 28, 2011, at 6:20 PM, Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 01:42:24PM -0700, Scott Hawley wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to add an svn repository for my thorn in my Thornlist file, and it doesn't seem to be working or telling me the nature of the problem:
Warning: Nothing will be checked out from svn://svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos/texmex TexMEx
This indicates that there is no "CHECKOUT" directive, and indeed, there isn't. Adding this helps. In addition, the directives for an anonymous user and password don't seem to be necessary, svn doesn't even ask for that (real public access without 'public password'). I also assume that you would like to have the thorn in an arrangement directory within the Cactus tree (and not as thorn within the arrangements directory, so what I ended up with is:
!CRL_VERSION = 1.0 !DEFINE ROOT = Cactus !DEFINE ARR = $ROOT/arrangements # TexMex !TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = svn !URL = svn://svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos/texmex !CHECKOUT = TexMEx/TexMEx
Frank
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
On 29 Jul 2011, at 17:56, Scott Hawley wrote:
Is the AEI repository for ET thorns still up? I'm not receiving a couple thorns…
in GetComponents:
# Various thorns from the AEI !TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = svn !AUTH_URL = https://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/$1/$2/branches/$ET_RELEASE !URL = http://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/$1/$2/branches/$ET_RELEASE !CHECKOUT = AEIThorns/ADMMass AEIThorns/OutsideMask AEIThorns/AEILocalInterp AEIThorns/SystemStatistics
Hi Scott,
The only thorns that are failing are ADMMass and OutsideMask. According to the Einstein Toolkit thornlist, https://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/manifest/trunk/einsteintoolkit.th, these thorns are not part of the Einstein Toolkit. I don't know anything about these thorns - maybe someone else does?
Checking out module: AEIThorns/ADMMass from repository: http://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/AEIThorns/ADMMass/branches/ET_2011_05 into: Cactus/arrangements svn: URL 'http://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/AEIThorns/ADMMass/branches/ET_2011_05' doesn't exist
Warning: Could not checkout module AEIThorns/ADMMass
Checking out module: AEIThorns/OutsideMask from repository: http://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/AEIThorns/OutsideMask/branches/ET_2011_05 into: Cactus/arrangements svn: URL 'http://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/AEIThorns/OutsideMask/branches/ET_2011_05' doesn't exist
Warning: Could not checkout module AEIThorns/OutsideMask
0 components checked out.
On Jul 28, 2011, at 10:26 PM, Eric Seidel wrote:
Thanks Frank.
Scott, the CHECKOUT directive is required for GetComponents to know where to place the thorn on your local filesystem.
Eric
Sent from my iPhone
On Jul 28, 2011, at 6:20 PM, Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 01:42:24PM -0700, Scott Hawley wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to add an svn repository for my thorn in my Thornlist file, and it doesn't seem to be working or telling me the nature of the problem:
Warning: Nothing will be checked out from svn://svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos/texmex TexMEx
This indicates that there is no "CHECKOUT" directive, and indeed, there isn't. Adding this helps. In addition, the directives for an anonymous user and password don't seem to be necessary, svn doesn't even ask for that (real public access without 'public password'). I also assume that you would like to have the thorn in an arrangement directory within the Cactus tree (and not as thorn within the arrangements directory, so what I ended up with is:
!CRL_VERSION = 1.0 !DEFINE ROOT = Cactus !DEFINE ARR = $ROOT/arrangements # TexMex !TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = svn !URL = svn://svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos/texmex !CHECKOUT = TexMEx/TexMEx
Frank
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Hi Scott,
These thorns are still available from the AEI repository as always. However, they are not part of the Einstein Toolkit, so there is no ET_2011_05 branch. For these repositories, you must instead checkout 'trunk'.
Barry
On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 6:22 PM, Ian Hinder ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de wrote:
On 29 Jul 2011, at 17:56, Scott Hawley wrote:
Is the AEI repository for ET thorns still up? I'm not receiving a couple
thorns…
in GetComponents:
# Various thorns from the AEI !TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = svn !AUTH_URL = https://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/$1/$2/branches/$ET_RELEASE !URL = http://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/$1/$2/branches/$ET_RELEASE !CHECKOUT = AEIThorns/ADMMass AEIThorns/OutsideMask AEIThorns/AEILocalInterp AEIThorns/SystemStatistics
Hi Scott,
The only thorns that are failing are ADMMass and OutsideMask. According to the Einstein Toolkit thornlist, https://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/manifest/trunk/einsteintoolkit.th, these thorns are not part of the Einstein Toolkit. I don't know anything about these thorns - maybe someone else does?
Checking out module: AEIThorns/ADMMass from repository:
http://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/AEIThorns/ADMMass/branches/ET_2011_05
into: Cactus/arrangementssvn: URL '
http://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/AEIThorns/ADMMass/branches/ET_2011_05' doesn't exist
Warning: Could not checkout module AEIThorns/ADMMass
Checking out module: AEIThorns/OutsideMask from repository:
http://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/AEIThorns/OutsideMask/branches/ET_2011_05
into: Cactus/arrangementssvn: URL '
http://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/AEIThorns/OutsideMask/branches/ET_2011_05' doesn't exist
Warning: Could not checkout module AEIThorns/OutsideMask
0 components checked out.
On Jul 28, 2011, at 10:26 PM, Eric Seidel wrote:
Thanks Frank.
Scott, the CHECKOUT directive is required for GetComponents to know where to place the thorn on your local filesystem.
Eric
Sent from my iPhone
On Jul 28, 2011, at 6:20 PM, Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 01:42:24PM -0700, Scott Hawley wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to add an svn repository for my thorn in my Thornlist file, and it doesn't seem to be working or telling me the nature of the problem:
Warning: Nothing will be checked out from svn://
svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos/texmex
TexMEx
This indicates that there is no "CHECKOUT" directive, and indeed, there isn't. Adding this helps. In addition, the directives for an anonymous user and password don't seem to be necessary, svn doesn't even ask for that (real public access without 'public password'). I also assume that you would like to have the thorn in an arrangement directory within the Cactus tree (and not as thorn within the arrangements directory, so
what
I ended up with is:
!CRL_VERSION = 1.0 !DEFINE ROOT = Cactus !DEFINE ARR = $ROOT/arrangements # TexMex !TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = svn !URL = svn://svn.belmont.edu/svnrepos/texmex !CHECKOUT = TexMEx/TexMEx
Frank
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
-- Ian Hinder ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 10:52:07PM +0200, Barry Wardell wrote:
These thorns are still available from the AEI repository as always. However, they are not part of the Einstein Toolkit, so there is no ET_2011_05 branch. For these repositories, you must instead checkout 'trunk'.
Right, so you would look at something like this:
# Various thorns from the AEI !TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = svn !AUTH_URL = https://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/$1/$2/trunk !URL = http://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/$1/$2/trunk !CHECKOUT = AEIThorns/ADMMass AEIThorns/OutsideMask
!TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = svn !AUTH_URL = https://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/$1/$2/branches/$ET_RELEASE !URL = http://svn.aei.mpg.de/numrel/$1/$2/branches/$ET_RELEASE !CHECKOUT = AEIThorns/AEILocalInterp AEIThorns/SystemStatistics
Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org