Dear whom it may concern,
I have 3 hdf5 data ,each of them belong to output0000,output0001 and output0002 with the same simulation setting. I ma trying to combine these three .h5 files but have no idea about it for 2 reasons. First, there are overlap time steps between output0000&output0001 and output0001&output0002.Second, they are in binary code so I cannot read them and copy the nonoverlapping parts into a new file.
So generally , how can we combine output data of output000* together?
Thank you.
Best regards,
Chia-Hui
Hello Chia-Hui,
So generally , how can we combine output data of output000* together?
Cactus builds a tool hdf5_merge that can do this. You can find it in exe/sim/hdf5_merge and you would use it like so:
exe/sim/hdf5_merge output-0000/rho.file_*.h5 output-0000/eps.file_*.h5 output-0001/rho.file_*.h5 output-0001/eps.file_*.h5 combined.h5
Yours, Roland
Dear Roland,
Thank you for your information.
I have successfully merged hdf5 files.
Best regards,
Chia-Hui
________________________________ 寄件者: Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu 寄件日期: 2018年6月3日 下午 11:46:18 收件者: 林家暉 副本: Einstein Toolkit Users 主旨: Re: [Users] merge hdf5 data
Hello Chia-Hui,
So generally , how can we combine output data of output000* together?
Cactus builds a tool hdf5_merge that can do this. You can find it in exe/sim/hdf5_merge and you would use it like so:
exe/sim/hdf5_merge output-0000/rho.file_*.h5 output-0000/eps.file_*.h5 output-0001/rho.file_*.h5 output-0001/eps.file_*.h5 combined.h5
Yours, Roland
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org