Dear all,
I have made some use of hdf5_merger and hdf5_slicer to convert my 3D simulation output into hdf5 files which only contain the data of one iteration - for example in the format var.iteration.h5 (i.e. var.*.h5).
Visit recognizes this as a database, however, I am not able to use the time slider to jump between the numbered files. Is there any further conversion which I have to undertake? I would be glad to hear some best practices.
Thank you very much and my best!
Jens
Hello Jens,
the code in the CarpetHDF5 reader currently included in VisIt has will not let you use VisIt's functionality to treat foo.1.h5 foo.2.h5 foo.3.h5 as 3 timesteps in a timeseries.
If you are willing to compile your own reader and if you are using 2.12 still (and not 2.13 yet) then you can you the "multifile" branch of bitbucket.org/rhaas80/carpethdf5:
git clone -b multifile https://bitbucket.org/rhaas80/carpethdf5
which may bring this functionality back. You may have to create a .visit file to list the hdf5 file though. Those files consists of the first line reading !NBLOCKS no-of-mpi-ranks then the filenames of all the *.file_0.h5 files (no need to give file_1 etc) you want to include (see http://visitusers.org/index.php?title=.visit_file).
To install (from README.TXT):
0) Set your PATH environmental variable to include your "visit/bin" 1) run ./install 2) edit "CMake" tab and modify the C/C++ HDF5 paths if necessary. 3) save and close window
It currently fails to compile for me when trying to compile for 2.13, and I do not know enough of VisIt's build system to be able to quickly fix it.
Yours, Roland
Dear all,
I have made some use of hdf5_merger and hdf5_slicer to convert my 3D simulation output into hdf5 files which only contain the data of one iteration - for example in the format var.iteration.h5 (i.e. var.*.h5).
Visit recognizes this as a database, however, I am not able to use the time slider to jump between the numbered files. Is there any further conversion which I have to undertake? I would be glad to hear some best practices.
Thank you very much and my best!
Jens
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org