I am interested if there is a known difference for using Gnu Assembler compared to Yasm for Linux in connection to the Toolkit.
I am currently using Mint 18.1 and kernel 4.8.6 Yasm 1.3.0
Thank you for your time
David
You do not need any particular assembler for the Einstein Toolkit. A working set of compilers (C, C++, Fortran) suffices; these will include their own assemblers that they will use.
-erik
On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 5:04 PM, David Bradley kb9qhd@charter.net wrote:
I am interested if there is a known difference for using Gnu Assembler compared to Yasm for Linux in connection to the Toolkit.
I am currently using Mint 18.1 and kernel 4.8.6 Yasm 1.3.0
Thank you for your time _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Hello David,
I am interested if there is a known difference for using Gnu Assembler compared to Yasm for Linux in connection to the Toolkit.
I am currently using Mint 18.1 and kernel 4.8.6 Yasm 1.3.0
Thank you for your time
Sorry for the very long delay. I am not aware of anyone having experimented with different assemblers. I would personally not expect a difference since the compiler determines what assembly language instructions are used.
Yours, Roland
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org