Dear ET users,
I am trying to compile the latest release of the Einstein Toolkit, Ørsted, on my laptop (Fedora 17, gcc-4.7.2), but I get the following error if I try to compile with OpenMP:
/home/davide/Desert/CactusOersted/configs/charon/build/Carpet/Recompose.cc:2071:2: error: stray ‘#’ in program
the error disappears if I compile with no OpenMP support.
I can also compile without problems, using the same thornlist and with OpenMP support, on our local cluster with the Intel compiler.
It looks like a compiler bug to me, but I am not sure about what exactly is triggering it... Do you have any idea of what could be going wrong?
Cheers, David
David
gcc 4.7.2 works fine for me.
Can you open a ticket in trac, and attach the file mentioned in the error message? This will be the pre-processed file in the "build" directory, not the original source file living in git.
-erik
On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 12:36 PM, David Radice david.radice@aei.mpg.de wrote:
Dear ET users,
I am trying to compile the latest release of the Einstein Toolkit, Ørsted, on my laptop (Fedora 17, gcc-4.7.2), but I get the following error if I try to compile with OpenMP:
/home/davide/Desert/CactusOersted/configs/charon/build/Carpet/Recompose.cc:2071:2: error: stray ‘#’ in program
the error disappears if I compile with no OpenMP support.
I can also compile without problems, using the same thornlist and with OpenMP support, on our local cluster with the Intel compiler.
It looks like a compiler bug to me, but I am not sure about what exactly is triggering it... Do you have any idea of what could be going wrong?
Cheers, David
-- http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/radice
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org