Hi, in my thorn I want to "share" variables from thorn ADMMass, e.g. ADMMass::ADMMass_number.
I already have INHERITS: ADMMass in my interface.ccl file.
I've been reading http://einsteintoolkit.org/documentation/UsersGuide/UsersGuidech12.html and Cactus/arrangements/EinsteinInitialData/GRHydro_InitData/*.ccl Šbut am still having trouble implementing this:
In param.ccl, I've tried "SHARES: ADMMass", but then I get an error
CST error 1: -> Thorn "TexMEx" attempted to EXTEND or USE non-restricted parameter "ADMMass_number" from implementation "ADMMASS"
If I take out the USES, then I get
/Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/texmex/bindings/Parameters/TexMEx_Parameters. c:19:41: fatal error: ParameterCRestrictedADMMASS.h: No such file or directory
If I take out the SHARES, and just try to reference ADMMass::ADMMass_number in my initital.cc code, e.g.,
fprintf(log_file," ADMMass_number = %d\n", ADMMass::ADMMass_number);
, then I get the error:
/Users/shawley/Cactus/arrangements/texmex/TexMEx/src/initial.cc /Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/texmex/build/TexMEx/initial.cc: In function 'void TexMEx_initial(cGH*)': /Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/texmex/build/TexMEx/initial.cc:1059:47: error: 'ADMMass' has not been declared
Can someone set me straight on this?
Thanks.
Also if I try "INHERITS: ADMMass", I get CST error 1: -> Unknown line in param.ccl for thorn TexMEx "INHERITS: ADMMass"
Hi Scott,
Are you asking about a parameter or a 'grid variable'? The former uses 'shares:' in the param.ccl, while the latter 'inherits:' in interface.ccl. I believe that there were plans to make parameter dependencies more formal (so that they would be related to grid variable dependencies) but do not know the status of these.
Cheers, David
On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Scott Hawley scott.hawley@belmont.edu wrote:
Hi, in my thorn I want to "share" variables from thorn ADMMass, e.g. ADMMass::ADMMass_number.
I already have INHERITS: ADMMass in my interface.ccl file.
I've been reading http://einsteintoolkit.org/documentation/UsersGuide/UsersGuidech12.html and Cactus/arrangements/EinsteinInitialData/GRHydro_InitData/*.ccl Šbut am still having trouble implementing this:
In param.ccl, I've tried "SHARES: ADMMass", but then I get an error
CST error 1: -> Thorn "TexMEx" attempted to EXTEND or USE non-restricted parameter "ADMMass_number" from implementation "ADMMASS"
If I take out the USES, then I get
/Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/texmex/bindings/Parameters/TexMEx_Parameters. c:19:41: fatal error: ParameterCRestrictedADMMASS.h: No such file or directory
If I take out the SHARES, and just try to reference ADMMass::ADMMass_number in my initital.cc code, e.g.,
fprintf(log_file," ADMMass_number = %d\n", ADMMass::ADMMass_number);
, then I get the error:
/Users/shawley/Cactus/arrangements/texmex/TexMEx/src/initial.cc /Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/texmex/build/TexMEx/initial.cc: In function 'void TexMEx_initial(cGH*)': /Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/texmex/build/TexMEx/initial.cc:1059:47: error: 'ADMMass' has not been declared
Can someone set me straight on this?
Thanks.
Also if I try "INHERITS: ADMMass", I get CST error 1: -> Unknown line in param.ccl for thorn TexMEx "INHERITS: ADMMass"
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
I'm talking about a parameter. So why isn't 'SHARES: ' working?
....ah, Ok. so "SHARES: ' in param.ccl but NO "INHERITS: ' in interface.ccl will go through the CST ok.
But then I'm unable to use the variable in my code:
/Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/texmex/build/TexMEx/initial.cc:1059:47: error: 'ADMMass_number' was not declared in this scope
This occurs whether I prefix it with 'ADMMass::' or not.
I didn't see a ".h" file to include from ADMMass.
So, I guess I still need help.
On 5/21/12 2:26 PM, "David Rideout" dprideout@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Scott,
Are you asking about a parameter or a 'grid variable'? The former uses 'shares:' in the param.ccl, while the latter 'inherits:' in interface.ccl. I believe that there were plans to make parameter dependencies more formal (so that they would be related to grid variable dependencies) but do not know the status of these.
Cheers, David
On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Scott Hawley scott.hawley@belmont.edu wrote:
Hi, in my thorn I want to "share" variables from thorn ADMMass, e.g. ADMMass::ADMMass_number.
I already have INHERITS: ADMMass in my interface.ccl file.
I've been reading http://einsteintoolkit.org/documentation/UsersGuide/UsersGuidech12.html and Cactus/arrangements/EinsteinInitialData/GRHydro_InitData/*.ccl Šbut am still having trouble implementing this:
In param.ccl, I've tried "SHARES: ADMMass", but then I get an error
CST error 1: -> Thorn "TexMEx" attempted to EXTEND or USE non-restricted parameter "ADMMass_number" from implementation "ADMMASS"
If I take out the USES, then I get
/Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/texmex/bindings/Parameters/TexMEx_Parameter s. c:19:41: fatal error: ParameterCRestrictedADMMASS.h: No such file or directory
If I take out the SHARES, and just try to reference ADMMass::ADMMass_number in my initital.cc code, e.g.,
fprintf(log_file," ADMMass_number = %d\n", ADMMass::ADMMass_number);
, then I get the error:
/Users/shawley/Cactus/arrangements/texmex/TexMEx/src/initial.cc /Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/texmex/build/TexMEx/initial.cc: In function 'void TexMEx_initial(cGH*)': /Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/texmex/build/TexMEx/initial.cc:1059:47: error: 'ADMMass' has not been declared
Can someone set me straight on this?
Thanks.
Also if I try "INHERITS: ADMMass", I get CST error 1: -> Unknown line in param.ccl for thorn TexMEx "INHERITS: ADMMass"
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Frank recommends just using CCTK_ParameterGet(). Will try that.
Turns out all the parameters in ADMMass are of the default permission, which is private (I thought the default was public).
On 5/21/12 3:08 PM, "Scott Hawley" scott.hawley@belmont.edu wrote:
I'm talking about a parameter. So why isn't 'SHARES: ' working?
....ah, Ok. so "SHARES: ' in param.ccl but NO "INHERITS: ' in interface.ccl will go through the CST ok.
But then I'm unable to use the variable in my code:
/Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/texmex/build/TexMEx/initial.cc:1059:47: error: 'ADMMass_number' was not declared in this scope
This occurs whether I prefix it with 'ADMMass::' or not.
I didn't see a ".h" file to include from ADMMass.
So, I guess I still need help.
On 5/21/12 2:26 PM, "David Rideout" dprideout@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Scott,
Are you asking about a parameter or a 'grid variable'? The former uses 'shares:' in the param.ccl, while the latter 'inherits:' in interface.ccl. I believe that there were plans to make parameter dependencies more formal (so that they would be related to grid variable dependencies) but do not know the status of these.
Cheers, David
On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Scott Hawley scott.hawley@belmont.edu wrote:
Hi, in my thorn I want to "share" variables from thorn ADMMass, e.g. ADMMass::ADMMass_number.
I already have INHERITS: ADMMass in my interface.ccl file.
I've been reading http://einsteintoolkit.org/documentation/UsersGuide/UsersGuidech12.html and Cactus/arrangements/EinsteinInitialData/GRHydro_InitData/*.ccl Šbut am still having trouble implementing this:
In param.ccl, I've tried "SHARES: ADMMass", but then I get an error
CST error 1: -> Thorn "TexMEx" attempted to EXTEND or USE non-restricted parameter "ADMMass_number" from implementation "ADMMASS"
If I take out the USES, then I get
/Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/texmex/bindings/Parameters/TexMEx_Paramete r s. c:19:41: fatal error: ParameterCRestrictedADMMASS.h: No such file or directory
If I take out the SHARES, and just try to reference ADMMass::ADMMass_number in my initital.cc code, e.g.,
fprintf(log_file," ADMMass_number = %d\n", ADMMass::ADMMass_number);
, then I get the error:
/Users/shawley/Cactus/arrangements/texmex/TexMEx/src/initial.cc /Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/texmex/build/TexMEx/initial.cc: In function 'void TexMEx_initial(cGH*)': /Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/texmex/build/TexMEx/initial.cc:1059:47: error: 'ADMMass' has not been declared
Can someone set me straight on this?
Thanks.
Also if I try "INHERITS: ADMMass", I get CST error 1: -> Unknown line in param.ccl for thorn TexMEx "INHERITS: ADMMass"
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
I see. You can just put "restricted:" at the top of your param.ccl. I rarely have private parameters.
It is better practice to communicate via the CCL / CCT when possible, so that Cactus is (at least in principle) aware of implementations' interdependencies.
Cheers, David
On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Scott Hawley scott.hawley@belmont.edu wrote:
Frank recommends just using CCTK_ParameterGet(). Will try that.
Turns out all the parameters in ADMMass are of the default permission, which is private (I thought the default was public).
On 5/21/12 3:08 PM, "Scott Hawley" scott.hawley@belmont.edu wrote:
I'm talking about a parameter. So why isn't 'SHARES: ' working?
....ah, Ok. so "SHARES: ' in param.ccl but NO "INHERITS: ' in interface.ccl will go through the CST ok.
But then I'm unable to use the variable in my code:
/Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/texmex/build/TexMEx/initial.cc:1059:47: error: 'ADMMass_number' was not declared in this scope
This occurs whether I prefix it with 'ADMMass::' or not.
I didn't see a ".h" file to include from ADMMass.
So, I guess I still need help.
On 5/21/12 2:26 PM, "David Rideout" dprideout@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Scott,
Are you asking about a parameter or a 'grid variable'? The former uses 'shares:' in the param.ccl, while the latter 'inherits:' in interface.ccl. I believe that there were plans to make parameter dependencies more formal (so that they would be related to grid variable dependencies) but do not know the status of these.
Cheers, David
On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Scott Hawley scott.hawley@belmont.edu wrote:
Hi, in my thorn I want to "share" variables from thorn ADMMass, e.g. ADMMass::ADMMass_number.
I already have INHERITS: ADMMass in my interface.ccl file.
I've been reading http://einsteintoolkit.org/documentation/UsersGuide/UsersGuidech12.html and Cactus/arrangements/EinsteinInitialData/GRHydro_InitData/*.ccl Šbut am still having trouble implementing this:
In param.ccl, I've tried "SHARES: ADMMass", but then I get an error
CST error 1: -> Thorn "TexMEx" attempted to EXTEND or USE non-restricted parameter "ADMMass_number" from implementation "ADMMASS"
If I take out the USES, then I get
/Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/texmex/bindings/Parameters/TexMEx_Paramete r s. c:19:41: fatal error: ParameterCRestrictedADMMASS.h: No such file or directory
If I take out the SHARES, and just try to reference ADMMass::ADMMass_number in my initital.cc code, e.g.,
fprintf(log_file," ADMMass_number = %d\n", ADMMass::ADMMass_number);
, then I get the error:
/Users/shawley/Cactus/arrangements/texmex/TexMEx/src/initial.cc /Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/texmex/build/TexMEx/initial.cc: In function 'void TexMEx_initial(cGH*)': /Users/shawley/Cactus/configs/texmex/build/TexMEx/initial.cc:1059:47: error: 'ADMMass' has not been declared
Can someone set me straight on this?
Thanks.
Also if I try "INHERITS: ADMMass", I get CST error 1: -> Unknown line in param.ccl for thorn TexMEx "INHERITS: ADMMass"
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 02:10:24PM -0700, David Rideout wrote:
I see. You can just put "restricted:" at the top of your param.ccl. I rarely have private parameters.
It is better practice to communicate via the CCL / CCT when possible, so that Cactus is (at least in principle) aware of implementations' interdependencies.
I agree. However, in this case such a dependence isn't really wanted, nor always needed.
Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org