Hi,
I have an extra object file “.o” that was compiled externally, but needs to be linked in during the linking process.
Is there a standard way to include this within the build process?
Thank you, Elias
Hello Elias,
This was held for moderation. For now I clicked on accept. Maybe you need to register / update your email to emost@caltech.edu ?
To link in a single object file may be tricky. It may indeed be easier to turn it into a lib file:
ar cru libfoo.a bar.o ranlib libfoo.a
the add
LIBS=foo LIBDIRS=DIR-WITH-FOO
and to you option list.
Directly adding object files is something that Erik just created a pull request for (for different reasons, though who knows it was AMReX related):
https://bitbucket.org/cactuscode/cactus/pull-requests/155
If you are in a thorn then there may be a way to fudge things as well, though when quickly trying this I have not been successful.
Yours, Roland
Hi,
I have an extra object file “.o” that was compiled externally, but needs to be linked in during the linking process.
Is there a standard way to include this within the build process?
Thank you, Elias
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org