Hi Sam,
These are auto-generated files from Kranc. You can't just edit them...
On 13 Aug 2018, at 23:48, Samuel Cupp scupp1@my.apsu.edu wrote:
Branch: refs/heads/presync Home: https://github.com/barrywardell/EinsteinExact Commit: 86eb5b6da91f914ac02f134195ed7f66dfe4ac51 https://github.com/barrywardell/EinsteinExact/commit/86eb5b6da91f914ac02f134... Author: Samuel Cupp scupp1@my.apsu.edu Date: 2018-08-13 (Mon, 13 Aug 2018)
Changed paths: M GaugeWave/interface.ccl M KerrSchild/interface.ccl M Minkowski/interface.ccl M ModifiedSchwarzschildBL/interface.ccl M ShiftedGaugeWave/interface.ccl M Vaidya2/interface.ccl
Log Message:
Removed unnecessary dependency on Boundary
**NOTE:** This service has been marked for deprecation: https://developer.github.com/changes/2018-04-25-github-services-deprecation/ Functionality will be removed from GitHub.com on January 31st, 2019.
Commits mailing list Commits@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/commits
Hey Ian,
I am aware that we will need to have Kranc generate the files eventually. However, I am changing the files themselves now to make sure the code works properly. We will, of course, have to change the Kranc notebooks so that equivalent code is generated. I want to verify my changes and make sure presync is functioning and finished with major changes before I try to adjust Kranc output. Is there a problem with that methodology?
Samuel Cupp Graduate Student Department of Physics & Astronomy Louisiana State University ________________________________ From: ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de Sent: Monday, August 20, 2018 3:14:58 PM To: Cupp, Samuel Cc: Einstein Toolkit Users Subject: Re: [Commits] [barrywardell/EinsteinExact] 86eb5b: Removed unnecessary dependency on Boundary
Hi Sam,
These are auto-generated files from Kranc. You can't just edit them...
On 13 Aug 2018, at 23:48, Samuel Cupp <scupp1@my.apsu.edumailto:scupp1@my.apsu.edu> wrote:
Branch: refs/heads/presync Home: https://github.com/barrywardell/EinsteinExact Commit: 86eb5b6da91f914ac02f134195ed7f66dfe4ac51 https://github.com/barrywardell/EinsteinExact/commit/86eb5b6da91f914ac02f134... Author: Samuel Cupp <scupp1@my.apsu.edumailto:scupp1@my.apsu.edu> Date: 2018-08-13 (Mon, 13 Aug 2018)
Changed paths: M GaugeWave/interface.ccl M KerrSchild/interface.ccl M Minkowski/interface.ccl M ModifiedSchwarzschildBL/interface.ccl M ShiftedGaugeWave/interface.ccl M Vaidya2/interface.ccl
Log Message: ----------- Removed unnecessary dependency on Boundary
**NOTE:** This service has been marked for deprecation: https://developer.github.com/changes/2018-04-25-github-services-deprecation/
Functionality will be removed from GitHub.comhttp://GitHub.com on January 31st, 2019. _______________________________________________ Commits mailing list Commits@einsteintoolkit.orgmailto:Commits@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/commits
-- Ian Hinder https://ianhinder.net
On 20 Aug 2018, at 21:23, Cupp, Samuel scupp1@my.apsu.edu wrote:
Hey Ian, I am aware that we will need to have Kranc generate the files eventually. However, I am changing the files themselves now to make sure the code works properly. We will, of course, have to change the Kranc notebooks so that equivalent code is generated. I want to verify my changes and make sure presync is functioning and finished with major changes before I try to adjust Kranc output. Is there a problem with that methodology?
Hi Sam,
No problem; sounds good!
(btw: Kranc doesn't use notebooks; it uses textual .m files, so that they can be version-controlled.)
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org