On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 01:33:36PM -0700, Erik Schnetter wrote:
Changed paths: M Tools/CodeGen/DGFE.m
Log Message:
Use 4th order DG elements
I am not sure how (didn't investigate), but this commit and the corresponding updates to McLachlan started to break the automated tests.
See https://build.barrywardell.net/job/EinsteinToolkit/1144/
e.g.:
In file included from /home/jenkins/workspace/EinsteinToolkit/arrangements/McLachlan/ML_ADMConstraints/src/Kranc.cc:33:0: /home/jenkins/workspace/EinsteinToolkit/arrangements/McLachlan/ML_ADMConstraints/src/Kranc.hh:10:29: error: ‘namespace ML_ADMConstraints { }’ redeclared as different kind of symbol
Frank
Thorns ML_ADMConstraints and ML_ADMQuantities define routines that have the same name as the thorn. Since Kranc now uses namespaces, these routines need to be renamed. I've made that change on all branches that I'm using, but may have missed one.
-erik
On Mar 19, 2014, at 12:14 , Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 01:33:36PM -0700, Erik Schnetter wrote:
Changed paths: M Tools/CodeGen/DGFE.m
Log Message:
Use 4th order DG elements
I am not sure how (didn't investigate), but this commit and the corresponding updates to McLachlan started to break the automated tests.
See https://build.barrywardell.net/job/EinsteinToolkit/1144/
e.g.:
In file included from /home/jenkins/workspace/EinsteinToolkit/arrangements/McLachlan/ML_ADMConstraints/src/Kranc.cc:33:0: /home/jenkins/workspace/EinsteinToolkit/arrangements/McLachlan/ML_ADMConstraints/src/Kranc.hh:10:29: error: ‘namespace ML_ADMConstraints { }’ redeclared as different kind of symbol
Frank
On 19 Mar 2014, at 17:14, Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 01:33:36PM -0700, Erik Schnetter wrote:
Changed paths: M Tools/CodeGen/DGFE.m
Log Message:
Use 4th order DG elements
I am not sure how (didn't investigate), but this commit and the corresponding updates to McLachlan started to break the automated tests.
See https://build.barrywardell.net/job/EinsteinToolkit/1144/
This was not the commit responsible. It was my regeneration of McLachlan after I pushed to Kranc this morning. It seems that no matter how much testing you do before pushing, it's never enough :( In this case, while I had thoroughly tested ML_BSSN, I forgot to test the constraints thorns.
The issue was explained in the log of the commit which fixed it later on:
commit 06d10ec3fa6601a7d973fda1f1f87814636756d2 Author: Ian Hinder ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de Date: Wed Mar 19 09:57:07 2014 +0100
Rename ML_ADMConstraints and ML_ADMQuantities calculations
They were previously given the same name as the thorn, and this conflicts with the new thorn namespace.
I believe this (and another problem which caused the next test run after this to fail) has now been fixed, but for some reason the tests have hung at this point:
Test QuasiLocalMeasures: qlm-ks-boosted "LSUThorns/QuasiLocalMeasures/test/qlm-ks-boosted.par"
Issuing ln -fns . output-0000-active && mkdir -p SIMFACTORY && TESTSUITE_PARFILE=/home/jenkins/workspace/simulations/EinsteinToolkit_80f7c43cecff881ff56c9ba4b76a71ce203cb56a_2/output-0000/arrangements/LSUThorns/QuasiLocalMeasures/test/qlm-ks-boosted.par /home/jenkins/workspace/EinsteinToolkit/../simulations/EinsteinToolkit_80f7c43cecff881ff56c9ba4b76a71ce203cb56a_2/output-0000/SIMFACTORY/RunScript
It has been like this all day, as it turns out. I will restart the test run. The proposed branch test completed successfully. it might be an intermittent problem with the caltech build machine.
On 19 Mar 2014, at 17:49, Ian Hinder ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de wrote:
I believe this (and another problem which caused the next test run after this to fail) has now been fixed, but for some reason the tests have hung at this point:
Test QuasiLocalMeasures: qlm-ks-boosted "LSUThorns/QuasiLocalMeasures/test/qlm-ks-boosted.par"
Issuing ln -fns . output-0000-active && mkdir -p SIMFACTORY && TESTSUITE_PARFILE=/home/jenkins/workspace/simulations/EinsteinToolkit_80f7c43cecff881ff56c9ba4b76a71ce203cb56a_2/output-0000/arrangements/LSUThorns/QuasiLocalMeasures/test/qlm-ks-boosted.par /home/jenkins/workspace/EinsteinToolkit/../simulations/EinsteinToolkit_80f7c43cecff881ff56c9ba4b76a71ce203cb56a_2/output-0000/SIMFACTORY/RunScript
It has been like this all day, as it turns out. I will restart the test run. The proposed branch test completed successfully. it might be an intermittent problem with the caltech build machine.
The master branch is now back to normal; i.e. the waveinterp test is the only one which is failing, as it has been for a few months.
On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 05:49:36PM +0100, Ian Hinder wrote:
It seems that no matter how much testing you do before pushing, it's never enough :( In this case, while I had thoroughly tested ML_BSSN, I forgot to test the constraints thorns.
On the other hand, it nicely shows the importance of the automated tests. Things can get missed all the time - and that's ok if jenkins is able to pick it up and hold it to our face. :)
Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org