Group,
Here is a new flyer for the upcoming workshop. I have designed it based upon input on the previous flyer. Please let me know if you would like me to make any revisions to the new flyer.
Regards,
Dennis Castleberry dcastl2@tigers.lsu.edu
---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Dennis Castleberry dcastl2@tigers.lsu.edu Date: Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 4:44 PM Subject: Re: Flyer Text To: Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu
Frank,
I have modified the text in accordance with your revisions, and set it against the background. The resulting image file is attached. Its dimensions fit a letter-sized sheet of paper, so if you print it full-page, you can give any margin specification you like.
Regards,
Dennis Castleberry dcastl2@tigers.lsu.edu
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Dennis Castleberry <dcastl2@tigers.lsu.edu
wrote:
Frank,
Here's the text. I plan to use the *composite* command to set this against the flyer background (and experiment with font to find a more inviting/congruent one), but I wanted to check with you first to make sure I have all the information down.
Regards,
Dennis Castleberry dcastl2@tigers.lsu.edu
Hello Dennis,
Here is a new flyer for the upcoming workshop. I have designed it based upon input on the previous flyer. Please let me know if you would like me to make any revisions to the new flyer.
Its certainly more eye catching. It contains some typos though I think:
* I would still capitalize the beginning of sentences. * in content: "scientic visualization" * registration: "aliation" * the url in time & location lost its underscores.
Yours, Roland
On 25 Feb 2012, at 01:41, Roland Haas wrote:
Hello Dennis,
Here is a new flyer for the upcoming workshop. I have designed it based upon input on the previous flyer. Please let me know if you would like me to make any revisions to the new flyer.
Its certainly more eye catching. It contains some typos though I think:
- I would still capitalize the beginning of sentences.
- in content: "scientic visualization"
- registration: "aliation"
- the url in time & location lost its underscores.
Hi Dennis,
This flyer looks really good. I love it!
* There are also more typos than Roland found - probably it's easiest just to get someone to proof-read it carefully.
* I've created a nicer-looking URL for the workshop which redirects to the wiki page: http://einsteintoolkit.org/workshop2012/. I think this is more friendly for the flyer.
* Maybe highlight the email address and URL, perhaps in bold or orange, as they are important pieces of information.
* The "einsteintoolkit.org" in the bottom right looks a bit weird. Maybe you could continue the black vertical line all the way to the bottom, or remove the box around the URL.
* This might just be because the PNG preview you sent is low resolution, but I'm worried about how those bitmap graphics will look when printed large, especially Einstein in the corner. Presumably this graphic was made from some vector source - you could use that instead of a bitmap (unless you are already). For the simulation images, try to find the highest resolution versions that you can.
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org