Present: Vassili, Peter, Erik, Philipp, Yosef, Roland
new Carpet version:
* Philipp observed increased memory consumption (run terminated by Out-Of-Memory killer) and a run speed that was continuously decreasing over the time of the run on bluewaters. This used the Intel compiler and ~8000 cores
* Roland looked at differences in data between "old" and "new" versions, sees roundoff level differences in rho (for a NsNs run) but larger ones in eps. Could just be the usual case of eps being more sensitive. Roundoff level differences are expected due to different processor decomposition
New thorns: * Erik proposed a MemSpeed thorn on trac * Yosef's ParitySymmetry thorn is still up for review * please review the changes to Regrid2 for ParitySymmetry
Calls: * very little to discuss these days, consider having the meeting only every two weeks? Please comment.
Yours, Roland
On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 08:50:03AM -0700, Roland Haas wrote:
- very little to discuss these days, consider having the meeting only
every two weeks? Please comment.
I rather have a short meeting once a week than a longer every two weeks. I am bound to forget meetings that happen only every other week, and I assume I am not alone here. Sure, there are reminders, and they could even be automatic, but it still makes a difference, at least for me.
Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org