Hi, I'm trying to set up a mixed binary via TwoPunctures and the TOVSolver. I found a "test" directory in the TwPuncture thorn with several parfiles and no documentation.... I tested the parfiles and, ok, I figured out which one does what, but I'm not yet clear on how to combine the results to obtain the actual NSBH initial data. I tried to understand what the test.ccl was and how it should be used, but I'm still unclear on how to proceed. Am I missing something?
Thanks for your help
Andrea Endrizzi
Hello Andrea,
setting up a mixed binary with TwoPunctures is only going to solve the GR constraints but not solve for the fluid to be in hydrostatic equilibrium. That means that a star will start to oscillate (strongly) when let go.
The bhns_eval.par file in TwoPuncture's test directory is pretty much all the documentation that exists, other than the short comments at the end of param.ccl of TwoPunctures.
You may also look at the implementation in TOVSolver einsteininitialdata/TOVSolver/src/external.inc which provides the functions that TwoPunctures uses.
Yours, Roland
Hi, I'm trying to set up a mixed binary via TwoPunctures and the TOVSolver. I found a "test" directory in the TwPuncture thorn with several parfiles and no documentation.... I tested the parfiles and, ok, I figured out which one does what, but I'm not yet clear on how to combine the results to obtain the actual NSBH initial data. I tried to understand what the test.ccl was and how it should be used, but I'm still unclear on how to proceed. Am I missing something?
Thanks for your help
Andrea Endrizzi
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org