Dear all
I need some help for submitting a job in a cluster. In the cluster which I have access, it uses a PBS queue for requesting resources. I want to submit a job in a queue called mpi, but if I execute the simfactory script, it only runs in the node of the current session. Does anyone have the instructions for doing this? Right now I have successfully compiled the Einstein Toolkit in my user account in the cluster (in only one node).
Thank you for your help
Erik
Hello Erik,
you will want to read the "Configuring a new machine" section of the wiki https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Configuring_a_new_machine
If you already compiled successfully then you basically need a submission and run script.
The simulation factory contains a large set of them for existing clusters eg in repos/simfactory2/mdb/submitscripts
For a "regular" cluster using PBS you may want to start from "shelob.sub" and "shelob-mvapich.run" which are the ones used on the "mike" and "shelob" clusters at LSU.
You should be able to pattern your own script after them. Usually the cluster admins will also provide you with a sample pbs script for their cluster which you can use to change in the bits of the shelob files that need to be changed.
Yours, Roland
Dear all
I need some help for submitting a job in a cluster. In the cluster which I have access, it uses a PBS queue for requesting resources. I want to submit a job in a queue called mpi, but if I execute the simfactory script, it only runs in the node of the current session. Does anyone have the instructions for doing this? Right now I have successfully compiled the Einstein Toolkit in my user account in the cluster (in only one node).
Thank you for your help
Erik
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org