Thanks, I have updated parts of the wiki. Maybe someone who knows simfactory well could update other parts, if necessary?
Some issues remain:
1) I tried the command simfactory/bin/sim list-machines ranger and the result is the whole list of machines. Shouldn't it output only the data for ranger?The list-machines command currently lists all machines in the machine database. It should also probably either:
a) complain if you give it a machine name as an extra command. b) only list machines which match the pattern of the name you give.
Can some one fix this?
2) The command print-machine seem non-existent: Cactus> simfactory/bin/sim print-machine Error: unknown command print-machine Aborting Simfactory.You probably want print-mdb-entry.
No, I meant print-machine, as explained on the wiki.
3) If I say: simfactory/bin/sim --remote-machine=ranger execute ls the reply is: sim.py: error: no such option: --remote-machineTry:
simfactory/bin/sim --remote ranger execute ls
4) What is the version of the command: simfactory/bin/sim list-configurations that lists the available configurations on a remote machine?simfactory/bin/sim --remote ranger list-configurations
5) What is the version of the command: simfactory/bin/sim build [<configurationname>] --thornlist=<thornlist> that lists the available configurations on a remote machine?I'm not sure what you mean by this, but assuming you want to build on a remote machine:
simfactory/bin/sim --remote ranger build [configuration]
OK.
Luca
On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Luca Baiotti baiotti@ile.osaka-u.ac.jpwrote:
2) The command print-machine seem non-existent:Cactus> simfactory/bin/sim print-machine Error: unknown command print-machine Aborting Simfactory.
You probably want print-mdb-entry.
No, I meant print-machine, as explained on the wiki.
I see. In that case, I think the command you want is whoami. I've updated the wiki with this changed.
On 19/9/11 5:42 PM, Barry Wardell wrote:
On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Luca Baiotti <baiotti@ile.osaka-u.ac.jp mailto:baiotti@ile.osaka-u.ac.jp> wrote:
2) The command print-machine seem non-existent: Cactus> simfactory/bin/sim print-machine Error: unknown command print-machine Aborting Simfactory. You probably want print-mdb-entry. No, I meant print-machine, as explained on the wiki.I see. In that case, I think the command you want is whoami. I've updated the wiki with this changed.
Yes, and thanks for updating the wiki.
Luca
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org