Hello,
I am a new user of the einstein toolkit, and I've been going through running some of the example par files provided by default. I've been trying to test the tov collapse par file tov_collapse_vc_13.par. Looking around online, I've found that it runs using a thorn called CoreCollapseControl not included in the current build. I've found slightly modified versions in the archives of this mailing list that run using the thorn Trigger, but these don't seem to work either. I am aware that this simulation eventually returns GRHydro errors, but the par file isn't even fully compiling for me. Everything seems to build smoothly until the following error:
"Warning[L1,P0] (Cactus): Major error in parameter file 'output-0000/tov_collapse_vc_13.par line 74: Parameter 'loopcontrol::use_random_restart_hill_climbing' not found"
this is followed by warnings coming from scheduling and routine, then the simulation aborts.
This suggests to me that something has changed in the loopcontrol thorn since, but I don't know.
The parfile I'm trying to use come from the conversation in lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2012-October/002592.html
I would be grateful if anyone could shed light on what's going on here.
Thank you!
--
Cole Kelson-Packer
Department of Physics, University of Utah
On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 9:55 AM COLE KELSON-PACKER u0980902@utah.edu wrote:
Hello,
I am a new user of the einstein toolkit, and I've been going through running some of the example par files provided by default. I've been trying to test the tov collapse par file tov_collapse_vc_13.par. Looking around online, I've found that it runs using a thorn called CoreCollapseControl not included in the current build. I've found slightly modified versions in the archives of this mailing list that run using the thorn Trigger, but these don't seem to work either. I am aware that this simulation eventually returns GRHydro errors, but the par file isn't even fully compiling for me. Everything seems to build smoothly until the following error:"Warning[L1,P0] (Cactus): Major error in parameter file 'output-0000/tov_collapse_vc_13.par line 74: Parameter 'loopcontrol::use_random_restart_hill_climbing' not found"
this is followed by warnings coming from scheduling and routine, then the simulation aborts.
This is an outdated parameter. Please comment it out in the parameter file.
-erik
This suggests to me that something has changed in the loopcontrol thorn since, but I don't know. The parfile I'm trying to use come from the conversation in lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2012-October/002592.html I would be grateful if anyone could shed light on what's going on here. Thank you!--
Cole Kelson-Packer
Department of Physics, University of Utah
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Hello Cole,
While I still do now have a reproduced my original plot of the collapsing NS that was in in the ET paper, if you issue is that the fluid speed exceeds the speed of light, you may see a benefit in setting
GRHydro::reconstruct_Wv = "yes"
Yours, Roland
On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 9:55 AM COLE KELSON-PACKER u0980902@utah.edu wrote:
Hello,
I am a new user of the einstein toolkit, and I've been going through running some of the example par files provided by default. I've been trying to test the tov collapse par file tov_collapse_vc_13.par. Looking around online, I've found that it runs using a thorn called CoreCollapseControl not included in the current build. I've found slightly modified versions in the archives of this mailing list that run using the thorn Trigger, but these don't seem to work either. I am aware that this simulation eventually returns GRHydro errors, but the par file isn't even fully compiling for me. Everything seems to build smoothly until the following error:"Warning[L1,P0] (Cactus): Major error in parameter file 'output-0000/tov_collapse_vc_13.par line 74: Parameter 'loopcontrol::use_random_restart_hill_climbing' not found"
this is followed by warnings coming from scheduling and routine, then the simulation aborts.
This is an outdated parameter. Please comment it out in the parameter file.
-erik
This suggests to me that something has changed in the loopcontrol thorn since, but I don't know. The parfile I'm trying to use come from the conversation in lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2012-October/002592.html I would be grateful if anyone could shed light on what's going on here. Thank you!--
Cole Kelson-Packer
Department of Physics, University of Utah
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org