Thanks again Roland,
It does seem that your suspicion is correct; it appears that I do have both gcc-10 and gfortran-10 installed, and the Macports selection is being overridden. See the attached text files you requested.
Best, Mario
-------------------------------------------- Mario L Gutierrez Abed M.L.Gutierrez-Abed2@newcastle.ac.uk School of Mathematics, Statistics & Physics Newcastle University
On 7/31/20, 12:04, "Roland Haas" rhaas@illinois.edu wrote:
Hello Mario,
hmm. Odd. The error message looks like the one gfortran-10 produces.
Can you please attach, as a text file, the content of the file
configs/sim/config-info
as well as the file
configs/sim/OptionList
? There is some automatism in simfactory's setup-silent and it will *first* probe for gcc-10 and gcc-mp-10 and only of that does not exist will it use "gcc" (ie the macports select setting is effectively ignored).
Can you also please check if you have gfortran-10 installed at all (the executable is called gfortran-mp-10)?
If possible, it would be best to keep the conversation on the mailing list by using "reply-all" (I try to set reply-to but sometimes I miss it).
Yours, Roland
> Thanks Roland, > > I'm actually not using gcc10 or gfortran10; my current versions are gcc 9.3.0 and gfortran 4.8.5 (see attached screenshot). I did make sure to run the command lines: > > sudo port select mpi openmpi-gcc9-fortran > sudo port select gcc mp-gcc9 > > as indicated on the tutorial notebook. > > Best, > Mario > > -------------------------------------------- > Mario L Gutierrez Abed > M.L.Gutierrez-Abed2@newcastle.ac.uk > School of Mathematics, Statistics & Physics > Newcastle University > > > > > On 7/31/20, 11:18, "Roland Haas" rhaas@illinois.edu wrote: > > Hello Mario, > > are you compiling using gcc-10 and gfortran-10 by any chance? > > Then please see here for a workaround: > > https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2403/compile-failure-wi... > > https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2406/cactus-fails-to-li... > > basically by adding -fcommon and -fallow-argument-mismatch to the > compiler flags. > > The tutorial notebook > > https://github.com/nds-org/jupyter-et/blob/master/CactusTutorial.ipynb > > also contains information on the workaround. > > A proper fix is ready to be deployed to the released code but we were > holding off until after the workshop to not accidentally introduce more > (unknown) issues on top of the one for which we have a workaround. > > Yours, > Roland > > > Hi, > > > > I’m setting up the ET for the first time in preparation for the upcoming workshop tutorials, and I’ve ran into some “mismatch” issues (see attached screenshot) upon executing the following command line: > > > > ./simfactory/bin/sim build -j2 --thornlist ../einsteintoolkit_08_2020.th > > > > The error messages give no indication whatsoever as to how to fix them, so I’m at a loss here. Any help would be much appreciated. > > > > Best, > > Mario > > > > -------------------------------------------- > > Mario L Gutierrez Abed > > M.L.Gutierrez-Abed2@newcastle.ac.uk > > School of Mathematics, Statistics & Physics > > Newcastle University > > > > [A screenshot of a cell phone Description automatically generated] > > > > > -- > My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting > and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu . >
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .
Hello Mario,
It does seem that your suspicion is correct; it appears that I do have both gcc-10 and gfortran-10 installed, and the Macports selection is being overridden. See the attached text files you requested.
Thank you.
To fix this you can edit the file
configs/sim/OptionList
and also (the path might be a bit fuzzy):
simfactory/mdb/optionlists/generic-mp-10.cfg
and replace all gcc-10, g++-10 and gfortran-10 by the -9 flavors or by adding the -fXXX options that I had mentioned before.
Afterwards you will have to run:
simfactory/bin/sim build --reconfig
which will instruct simfactory to update the build options using the values in configs/sim/OptionList .
Yours, Roland
It worked like a charm this time! I set all the compilers to the -9 versions on the cfg file.
Cheers, Mario
-------------------------------------------- Mario L Gutierrez Abed M.L.Gutierrez-Abed2@newcastle.ac.uk School of Mathematics, Statistics & Physics Newcastle University
On 7/31/20, 12:51, "Roland Haas" rhaas@illinois.edu wrote:
Hello Mario,
> It does seem that your suspicion is correct; it appears that I do > have both gcc-10 and gfortran-10 installed, and the Macports > selection is being overridden. See the attached text files you > requested. Thank you.
To fix this you can edit the file
configs/sim/OptionList
and also (the path might be a bit fuzzy):
simfactory/mdb/optionlists/generic-mp-10.cfg
and replace all gcc-10, g++-10 and gfortran-10 by the -9 flavors or by adding the -fXXX options that I had mentioned before.
Afterwards you will have to run:
simfactory/bin/sim build --reconfig
which will instruct simfactory to update the build options using the values in configs/sim/OptionList .
Yours, Roland
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org