Hi all,
I would like to know whether it is currently possible to run the Einstein Toolkit in a GPU-only cluster, since my group is planning to apply for a cluster like this. In particular, I would like to know if I would be able to run a BBH simulation like the example in the gallery.
I know there was this question in http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2020-July/007508.html some time ago, focused on the development of CarpetX, but I'm not sure what's the current status or if this means that simulations using Carpet wouldn't run on a GPU.
Thanks in advance! Santiago
Santiago
As you mention, CarpetX supports GPUs, and there is a GPU version of Z4c for binary black holes. However, various analysis methods either have not yet been tested on GPUs or do not yet support GPUs. Running the gallery example on a GPU is probably not yet possible, although we should be close.
-erik
On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 3:47 AM Santiago Jaraba santiago.jaraba@uam.es wrote:
Hi all,
I would like to know whether it is currently possible to run the Einstein Toolkit in a GPU-only cluster, since my group is planning to apply for a cluster like this. In particular, I would like to know if I would be able to run a BBH simulation like the example in the gallery.
I know there was this question in http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2020-July/007508.html some time ago, focused on the development of CarpetX, but I'm not sure what's the current status or if this means that simulations using Carpet wouldn't run on a GPU.
Thanks in advance! Santiago _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Okay, thanks for the answer!
Best regards, Santiago
El mar, 29 mar 2022 a las 14:45, Erik Schnetter (schnetter@gmail.com) escribió:
Santiago
As you mention, CarpetX supports GPUs, and there is a GPU version of Z4c for binary black holes. However, various analysis methods either have not yet been tested on GPUs or do not yet support GPUs. Running the gallery example on a GPU is probably not yet possible, although we should be close.
-erik
On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 3:47 AM Santiago Jaraba santiago.jaraba@uam.es wrote:
Hi all,
I would like to know whether it is currently possible to run the
Einstein Toolkit in a GPU-only cluster, since my group is planning to apply for a cluster like this. In particular, I would like to know if I would be able to run a BBH simulation like the example in the gallery.
I know there was this question in
http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2020-July/007508.html some time ago, focused on the development of CarpetX, but I'm not sure what's the current status or if this means that simulations using Carpet wouldn't run on a GPU.
Thanks in advance! Santiago _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@gmail.com http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org