Hi. Help?
In following a web page about "getting started" on the einsteintoolkit.org site --- which is currently inoperable, at least from my location...
% ping einsteintoolkit.org PING einsteintoolkit.org (130.39.21.31): 56 data bytes Request timeout for icmp_seq 0 Request timeout for icmp_seq 1 ^C --- einsteintoolkit.org ping statistics --- 3 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss
... -- I followed a link about requesting an account on Queen Bee. I received an "account activation" email recently, which points me to a few websites which have suspicious SSL certificates. I haven't added an exception until the sys-admins write me back about that.
The email contained no login information so I tried "ssh queenbee.loni.org", and used my username and password that I'd used in requesting the account...
shawley@queenbee.loni.org's password: Connection closed by 208.100.92.23
...That didn't work.
It also says I need an allocation in addition to an account. Is there a "Cactus" or "Tutorial" or "EinsteinToolkit" allocation I should use? I saw several allocations with Erik's name attached but wasn't sure what to do...
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Scott
-- Scott H. Hawley, Ph.D. Asst. Prof. of Physics Chemistry & Physics Dept Office: Hitch 100D Belmont University Tel: +1-615-460-6206 Nashville, TN 37212 USA Fax: +1-615-460-5458 PGP Key at http://sks-keyservers.net
On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Scott Hawley scott.hawley@belmont.edu wrote:
Hi. Help?
In following a web page about "getting started" on the einsteintoolkit.org site --- which is currently inoperable, at least from my location...
% ping einsteintoolkit.org PING einsteintoolkit.org (130.39.21.31): 56 data bytes Request timeout for icmp_seq 0 Request timeout for icmp_seq 1 ^C --- einsteintoolkit.org ping statistics --- 3 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss
... -- I followed a link about requesting an account on Queen Bee. I received an "account activation" email recently, which points me to a few websites which have suspicious SSL certificates. I haven't added an exception until the sys-admins write me back about that.
The email contained no login information so I tried "ssh queenbee.loni.org", and used my username and password that I'd used in requesting the account...
shawley@queenbee.loni.org's password: Connection closed by 208.100.92.23
...That didn't work.
It also says I need an allocation in addition to an account. Is there a "Cactus" or "Tutorial" or "EinsteinToolkit" allocation I should use? I saw several allocations with Erik's name attached but wasn't sure what to do...
Any suggestions?
Scott
Thanks for your pointers.
The EinsteinToolkit web site is working for me; I hope that whatever problem you experienced is corrected by now.
I see the name "qb.loni.org" mentioned in the tutorial https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Tutorial_for_New_Users. I can also use the name "queenbee.loni.org". If you receive a "connection closed", then either your account is not active, or there were network problems, or there is a confusion about your password.
Yes, you will need an account, but only to submit jobs, not to log in or build Cactus. I hear that Frank Löffler replied to you about this, so I assume this is getting sorted out.
Sorry about these kinds of problems. I always think that it is worst if people experience problems while getting started, because this is quite likely to drive them away without even complaining. In this sense: Thanks for this email!
-erik
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org