Hi all,
I'm currently overhauling some code for a Cactus project, and thought it'd be a good idea to update my install with the newest ET release. Here are a few things I've noticed while looking for the newest release:
1) The "releases" button/page contains a lot of information on the latest release (Curie), but no actual link to either the component list itself or a page detailing download and installation directions. This seems like an oversight that would be easy to correct.
2) The "documentation" header does not contain a link to Cactus tutorials. Perhaps there could be a "Quickstart" label or a "Getting Started" label, which then loads a page that gives a choice between the beginner/advanced tutorials? A new user might click on the "User Guide" from the main menu thinking that's all there is to get started with and feel overwhelmed, when all s/he might want is to just get their hands dirty with an example or two.
Anyways, hope this is useful criticism, just saw some things that I thought could be cleared up a bit :)
-Ashley Zebrowski
Hi Ashley,
On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 09:41:39PM -0500, azebrowski@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
I'm currently overhauling some code for a Cactus project, and thought it'd be a good idea to update my install with the newest ET release. Here are a few things I've noticed while looking for the newest release:
It is always nice to know how those things are seen from someone who didn't actually prepare the pages. Your points are very good ones and are the critique appreciated. I changed the pages according to your comments. Thank you very much for your feedback!
Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org