Hi all,
I am trying to compile the toolkit on DiRAC DIaL for which there is not currently a configuration script. I am not having issues with any external libraries except for PAPI, which is not present on the cluster. I've tried compiling with the ET PAPI bundle, but I get the following error:
Cactus/arrangements/ExternalLibraries/PAPI/src/stats.c(20): catastrophic error: cannot open source file "papi.h" #include <papi.h>
I cannot find the header file anywhere (i.e. in ET or /usr/include) so I am not sure how to proceed. Is PAPI a necessary library for ET function? Compiling with it excluded from the thornlist gives me
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsz make[1]: *** [/lustre/dirac/home/dc-elle1/ET/Cactus/exe/cactus_ET_dirac] Error 1
which I am not sure is connected as I am compiling from scratch.
Thanks,
Matt
Hello Matt,
Cactus/arrangements/ExternalLibraries/PAPI/src/stats.c(20): catastrophic error: cannot open source file "papi.h" #include <papi.h>
I cannot find the header file anywhere (i.e. in ET or /usr/include) so I am not sure how to proceed. Is PAPI a necessary library for ET function?
If you use PAPI_DIR=BUILD to make Cactus build PAPI itself (which you seem to do) then it will install the created PAPI library to
Cactus/configs/ET_dirac/scratch/external/PAPI
and the include file would be there.
Cactus at that point should set up a include search path to find files there, which you can check in:
Cactus/configs/ET_dirac/bindings/Configuration/Capabilities/make.PAPI.defn
Compiling with it excluded from the thornlist gives me
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsz make[1]: *** [/lustre/dirac/home/dc-elle1/ET/Cactus/exe/cactus_ET_dirac] Error 1
which I am not sure is connected as I am compiling from scratch.
That one I suspect is actually being pulled in by HDF5 which can use the sz library but I have seen systems (Windows using MSYS admittedly) where the sz library was called szip.
The actual line that cases the failure is probably this one:
https://github.com/EinsteinToolkit/ExternalLibraries-HDF5/blob/abf8dbf78e767...
You could try two things to avoid this:
1. build your own HDF5 by setting HDF5_DIR=BUILD 2. find out where libsz.so or libsz.a are located (by using he "module show" command on the HDF5 module or asking the admins) and adding that directory to HDF5_LIB_DIRS
Please see
https://www.einsteintoolkit.org/thornguide/ExternalLibraries/HDF5/documentat...
and
https://www.einsteintoolkit.org/usersguide/UsersGuide.html#x1-21000B2.2
for details on these option list variables.
Yours, Roland
Thanks,
Matt
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org