On 02/11/2017 10:46, Ian Hinder wrote:
On 2 Nov 2017, at 01:41, dumsani g14n8326@campus.ru.ac.za wrote:
I think I have figured it out eventually. Thanks, Ian.
Good to hear! Would it be useful to summarise the cause of the problem to the mailing list, in case it helps others?
The following 3 options were enough, as you suggested. Carpet::max_refinement_levels = 1 Carpet::refinement_factor = 1 CarpetRegrid2::num_centres = 0
After setting these properly, it turned out the crash wasn't due to Carpet. It was now due to inappropriate memory allocation by the scheduler in my initial data code.
Thanks
On 2 Nov 2017, at 11:20, dumsani g14n8326@campus.ru.ac.za wrote:
On 02/11/2017 10:46, Ian Hinder wrote:
On 2 Nov 2017, at 01:41, dumsani g14n8326@campus.ru.ac.za wrote:
I think I have figured it out eventually. Thanks, Ian.
Good to hear! Would it be useful to summarise the cause of the problem to the mailing list, in case it helps others?
The following 3 options were enough, as you suggested. Carpet::max_refinement_levels = 1 Carpet::refinement_factor = 1 CarpetRegrid2::num_centres = 0
After setting these properly, it turned out the crash wasn't due to Carpet. It was now due to inappropriate memory allocation by the scheduler in my initial data code.
Hi,
The refinement_factor shouldn't need to be set. You can achieve a unigrid setup either by setting num_centres to 0, or by setting the number of levels in each centre to 1.
Okay. I'm noting that.
On 02/11/2017 12:42, Ian Hinder wrote:
On 2 Nov 2017, at 11:20, dumsani <g14n8326@campus.ru.ac.za mailto:g14n8326@campus.ru.ac.za> wrote:
On 02/11/2017 10:46, Ian Hinder wrote:
On 2 Nov 2017, at 01:41, dumsani <g14n8326@campus.ru.ac.za mailto:g14n8326@campus.ru.ac.za> wrote:
I think I have figured it out eventually. Thanks, Ian.
Good to hear! Would it be useful to summarise the cause of the problem to the mailing list, in case it helps others?
The following 3 options were enough, as you suggested. Carpet::max_refinement_levels = 1 Carpet::refinement_factor = 1 CarpetRegrid2::num_centres = 0
After setting these properly, it turned out the crash wasn't due to Carpet. It was now due to inappropriate memory allocation by the scheduler in my initial data code.
Hi,
The refinement_factor shouldn't need to be set. You can achieve a unigrid setup either by setting num_centres to 0, or by setting the number of levels in each centre to 1.
-- Ian Hinder http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org