I'll install another compiler. Thanks. I have another question, though. I am trying to compile einsteintoolkit on Ubuntu, with gcc-4.4 compilers and I have this error: /home/babiuc/Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/AHFinder/AHFinder_int.f:1656.3:
intarea=aux 1 Error: Non-numeric character in statement label at (1) /home/babiuc/Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/AHFinder/AHFinder_int.f:1656.9:
intarea=aux 1 Error: Symbol 'ntarea' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type make[3]: *** [AHFinder_int.F.o] Error 1 make[2]: *** [make.checked] Error 2 The configuration file is:
CPP = cpp-4.4 FPP = cpp-4.4 CC = gcc-4.4 CXX = g++-4.4 F77 = gfortran-4.4 F90 = gfortran-4.4
MPI = OpenMPI
Thanks, Maria ________________________________________ From: Erik Schnetter [schnetter@cct.lsu.edu] Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 1:02 PM To: Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria Cc: users@einsteintoolkit.org Subject: Re: [Users] Error in compiling einsteintoolkit on Mac
Maria
Your error message indicates that your compiler has a problem. You could install a different version of gcc, e.g. gcc 4.5.2 either from scratch or via MacPorts, and then use this compiler, which should work (I'm using it). You can have several versions of gcc installed at the same time.
-erik
On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria babiuc@marshall.edu wrote:
Hello,
I have errors in compiling einsteintoolkit.th on a mac: First, it did not configure HDF5 Compiling einsteintoolkit CST error 1: -> Configuration script for thorn HDF5 returned exit code 1 Error message: 'Error while building HDF5. Aborting.'
With external HDF5 directory, it complained Use external hdf5 --error libsz.dylib needed
With external HDF5_DIR and LIBSZ_DIR the error is:
Preprocessing /Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetIOBasic/src/iobasic.cc Compiling /Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetIOBasic/src/iobasic.cc /Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetIOBasic/src/iobasic.cc: In function 'bool CarpetIOBasic::UseScientificNotation(const T&) [with T = int]': /Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/Carpet/src/typecase:131:1: instantiated from here /Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetIOBasic/src/iobasic.cc:701:5: internal compiler error: in tsubst_copy_and_build, at cp/pt.c:13326 Please submit a full bug report, with preprocessed source if appropriate. See http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html for instructions. make[3]: *** [iobasic.cc.o] Error 1 make[2]: *** [make.checked] Error 2 make[1]: *** [/Users/babiuc/Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/lib/libthorn_CarpetIOBasic.a] Error 2 make: *** [einsteintoolkit] Error 2
please help, Maria
PS: I am using the new gnu compilers: CC = gcc-mp-4.6 CXX = g++-mp-4.6 F77 = gfortran-mp-4.6 F90 = gfortran-mp-4.6 and the hdf5 is the one used by the visit2.2.0 binaries for mac x86_64: hdf5-1.8.4-x86_64 and required by CarpetHDF5.
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/
Hi,
It looks like the C-preprocessor doesn't produce valid fortran fixed format code for this file. The corresponding line in AHFinder_int.F starts with a tab instead of ordinary whitespaces and that seems to get converted into a single whitespace resulting in the line being invalid fixed format.
A quick workaround may be to replace the tab with a suitable number of whitespaces.
Somebody else may know how to tell tcpp-4.4 to handle this correctly.
Cheers,
Peter
On Mon, 7 Feb 2011, Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria wrote:
I'll install another compiler. Thanks. I have another question, though. I am trying to compile einsteintoolkit on Ubuntu, with gcc-4.4 compilers and I have this error: /home/babiuc/Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/AHFinder/AHFinder_int.f:1656.3:
intarea=aux 1 Error: Non-numeric character in statement label at (1) /home/babiuc/Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/AHFinder/AHFinder_int.f:1656.9:
intarea=aux 1 Error: Symbol 'ntarea' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type make[3]: *** [AHFinder_int.F.o] Error 1 make[2]: *** [make.checked] Error 2 The configuration file is:
CPP = cpp-4.4 FPP = cpp-4.4 CC = gcc-4.4 CXX = g++-4.4 F77 = gfortran-4.4 F90 = gfortran-4.4
MPI = OpenMPI
Thanks, Maria ________________________________________ From: Erik Schnetter [schnetter@cct.lsu.edu] Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 1:02 PM To: Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria Cc: users@einsteintoolkit.org Subject: Re: [Users] Error in compiling einsteintoolkit on Mac
Maria
Your error message indicates that your compiler has a problem. You could install a different version of gcc, e.g. gcc 4.5.2 either from scratch or via MacPorts, and then use this compiler, which should work (I'm using it). You can have several versions of gcc installed at the same time.
-erik
On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria babiuc@marshall.edu wrote:
Hello,
I have errors in compiling einsteintoolkit.th on a mac: First, it did not configure HDF5 Compiling einsteintoolkit CST error 1: -> Configuration script for thorn HDF5 returned exit code 1 Error message: 'Error while building HDF5. Aborting.'
With external HDF5 directory, it complained Use external hdf5 --error libsz.dylib needed
With external HDF5_DIR and LIBSZ_DIR the error is:
Preprocessing /Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetIOBasic/src/iobasic.cc Compiling /Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetIOBasic/src/iobasic.cc /Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetIOBasic/src/iobasic.cc: In function 'bool CarpetIOBasic::UseScientificNotation(const T&) [with T = int]': /Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/Carpet/src/typecase:131:1: instantiated from here /Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetIOBasic/src/iobasic.cc:701:5: internal compiler error: in tsubst_copy_and_build, at cp/pt.c:13326 Please submit a full bug report, with preprocessed source if appropriate. See http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html for instructions. make[3]: *** [iobasic.cc.o] Error 1 make[2]: *** [make.checked] Error 2 make[1]: *** [/Users/babiuc/Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/lib/libthorn_CarpetIOBasic.a] Error 2 make: *** [einsteintoolkit] Error 2
please help, Maria
PS: I am using the new gnu compilers: CC = gcc-mp-4.6 CXX = g++-mp-4.6 F77 = gfortran-mp-4.6 F90 = gfortran-mp-4.6 and the hdf5 is the one used by the visit2.2.0 binaries for mac x86_64: hdf5-1.8.4-x86_64 and required by CarpetHDF5.
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/ _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
As Peter suggests, this is likely caused by CPP when it preprocesses Fortran code. Can you try adding
FPPFLAGS = -traditional
to your options? Arguably Cactus should do this automatically if it detects a modern GNU cpp.
-erik
On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Peter Diener diener@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
Hi,
It looks like the C-preprocessor doesn't produce valid fortran fixed format code for this file. The corresponding line in AHFinder_int.F starts with a tab instead of ordinary whitespaces and that seems to get converted into a single whitespace resulting in the line being invalid fixed format.
A quick workaround may be to replace the tab with a suitable number of whitespaces.
Somebody else may know how to tell tcpp-4.4 to handle this correctly.
Cheers,
Peter
On Mon, 7 Feb 2011, Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria wrote:
I'll install another compiler. Thanks. I have another question, though. I am trying to compile einsteintoolkit on Ubuntu, with gcc-4.4 compilers and I have this error:
/home/babiuc/Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/AHFinder/AHFinder_int.f:1656.3:
intarea=aux 1 Error: Non-numeric character in statement label at (1)
/home/babiuc/Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/AHFinder/AHFinder_int.f:1656.9:
intarea=aux 1 Error: Symbol 'ntarea' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type make[3]: *** [AHFinder_int.F.o] Error 1 make[2]: *** [make.checked] Error 2 The configuration file is:
CPP = cpp-4.4 FPP = cpp-4.4 CC = gcc-4.4 CXX = g++-4.4 F77 = gfortran-4.4 F90 = gfortran-4.4
MPI = OpenMPI
Thanks, Maria ________________________________________ From: Erik Schnetter [schnetter@cct.lsu.edu] Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 1:02 PM To: Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria Cc: users@einsteintoolkit.org Subject: Re: [Users] Error in compiling einsteintoolkit on Mac
Maria
Your error message indicates that your compiler has a problem. You could install a different version of gcc, e.g. gcc 4.5.2 either from scratch or via MacPorts, and then use this compiler, which should work (I'm using it). You can have several versions of gcc installed at the same time.
-erik
On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria babiuc@marshall.edu wrote:
Hello,
I have errors in compiling einsteintoolkit.th on a mac: First, it did not configure HDF5 Compiling einsteintoolkit CST error 1: -> Configuration script for thorn HDF5 returned exit code 1 Error message: 'Error while building HDF5. Aborting.'
With external HDF5 directory, it complained Use external hdf5 --error libsz.dylib needed
With external HDF5_DIR and LIBSZ_DIR the error is:
Preprocessing /Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetIOBasic/src/iobasic.cc Compiling /Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetIOBasic/src/iobasic.cc /Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetIOBasic/src/iobasic.cc: In function 'bool CarpetIOBasic::UseScientificNotation(const T&) [with T = int]': /Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/Carpet/src/typecase:131:1: instantiated from here
/Users/babiuc/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetIOBasic/src/iobasic.cc:701:5: internal compiler error: in tsubst_copy_and_build, at cp/pt.c:13326 Please submit a full bug report, with preprocessed source if appropriate. See http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html for instructions. make[3]: *** [iobasic.cc.o] Error 1 make[2]: *** [make.checked] Error 2 make[1]: *** [/Users/babiuc/Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/lib/libthorn_CarpetIOBasic.a] Error 2 make: *** [einsteintoolkit] Error 2
please help, Maria
PS: I am using the new gnu compilers: CC = gcc-mp-4.6 CXX = g++-mp-4.6 F77 = gfortran-mp-4.6 F90 = gfortran-mp-4.6 and the hdf5 is the one used by the visit2.2.0 binaries for mac x86_64: hdf5-1.8.4-x86_64 and required by CarpetHDF5.
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/ _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org