Thanks, that seems to have done the trick.
I set ppn to 48 and managed to properly set up all .run, .ini, .sub and .cfg according to my clusters' configuration. Now all starts up the way I want it, the MPI processes are reporting for duty and there is output from Cactus.
When trying to run the gallery example GW150914.rpar, I am getting an error though:
WARNING level 0 from host nid00268 process 0 while executing schedule bin BoundaryConditions, routine CoordinatesSymmetry::CoordinatesSymmetry_Apply_FirstPass in thorn CoordinatesSymmetry, file /lustre/tetyda/home/topolski/Cactus/arrangements/Llama/CoordinatesSymmetry/src/apply.c:665: -> Cannot apply symmetry boundary zones in the lower x direction, since there seem to be more symmetry zones than interior zones cactus_okeanos: /lustre/tetyda/home/topolski/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/Carpet/src/helpers.cc:275: int Carpet::Abort(const _cGH *, int): Assertion `0' failed. Rank 0 with PID 272
This example is said to have been tested on 19-Nov-2020 - have there been any changes since which made the parameter file obsolete, or should I start troubleshooting my configuration?
Best regards Konrad Topolski
Hello Konrad,
This example is said to have been tested on 19-Nov-2020 - have there been any changes since which made the parameter file obsolete, or should I start troubleshooting my configuration?
My guess is that you are attempting to run with (many) more MPI ranks than were used in the gallery example. You are triggering some sanity check that tries to check that here are actually more interior points than (symmetry) boundary points (ie the grid structure is sane).
I would try reducing the number of MPI ranks (you can keep the same number of cores but will need to use more threads).
The gallery example was run for this release (2021-05) as well but it seems the last tested date has not yet been updated.
Yours, Roland
Oh, I have found the problem.
It seems that in the process of modifying the script, I somehow mistyped the --define N ... part. Once I have changed it to the suggested value of 28 or any other sensible number, it works.
Thanks a lot!
pon., 5 lip 2021 o 00:14 Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu napisał(a):
Hello Konrad,
This example is said to have been tested on 19-Nov-2020 - have there been any changes since which made the parameter file obsolete, or should I
start
troubleshooting my configuration?
My guess is that you are attempting to run with (many) more MPI ranks than were used in the gallery example. You are triggering some sanity check that tries to check that here are actually more interior points than (symmetry) boundary points (ie the grid structure is sane).
I would try reducing the number of MPI ranks (you can keep the same number of cores but will need to use more threads).
The gallery example was run for this release (2021-05) as well but it seems the last tested date has not yet been updated.
Yours, Roland
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .
Hello Konrad,
glad to hear that your could make the simulations work.
Yours, Roland
Oh, I have found the problem.
It seems that in the process of modifying the script, I somehow mistyped the --define N ... part. Once I have changed it to the suggested value of 28 or any other sensible number, it works.
Thanks a lot!
pon., 5 lip 2021 o 00:14 Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu napisał(a):
Hello Konrad,
This example is said to have been tested on 19-Nov-2020 - have there been any changes since which made the parameter file obsolete, or should I
start
troubleshooting my configuration?
My guess is that you are attempting to run with (many) more MPI ranks than were used in the gallery example. You are triggering some sanity check that tries to check that here are actually more interior points than (symmetry) boundary points (ie the grid structure is sane).
I would try reducing the number of MPI ranks (you can keep the same number of cores but will need to use more threads).
The gallery example was run for this release (2021-05) as well but it seems the last tested date has not yet been updated.
Yours, Roland
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://pgp.mit.edu__;!!DZ3fjg!rdZ_I4QEVweSmWS2gp... .
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org