Hi everyone,
I'm compilling ETK on MareNostrum4, I'm using intel compiler - Currently Loaded Modules: 1) mkl/2017.4 2) bsc/1.0 3) intel/2019.4 4) hdf5/1.10.5 5) impi/2018.4
I deactivating MPI using "unset MPI" as some of you made, but I got this error:
ExternalLibraries/pthreads WVUThorns_Diagnostics/smallbPoynET ExternalLibraries/zlib /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.8/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lsz collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
there are various versions of "Intel" compilers, same for "hdf5" and "impi". I have been trying some combinations but didn't had success.
Please, Some of you have a hint for solve this problem?
Thank you in advance, Best regards! Alejandro
pd. I include the complete output during the compilation. __________________________________________________________________________
Dr. Alejandro Cruz Osorio e-mail:alejandro.cruz@ext.uv.es Departamento de Astronomía y Astrofísica Universidad de Valencia phone : +34 96 354 3364 Edificio de Investigación C/ Dr. Moliner s/n 46100-Burjassot (Valencia), SPAIN
Hello Alejandro,
ExternalLibraries/pthreads WVUThorns_Diagnostics/smallbPoynET ExternalLibraries/zlib /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.8/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lsz collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
sz (libsz) is part of HDF5. It should be provided by by hdf5 module.
However some clusters do not set this up correctly leading to the error that you are observing.
You may want to look into the directories listed in the output of "module info hdf5/1.10.5" to see if you can find a libsz.so or libsz.a . You may also want to run "locate libsz" or (if that fails) find /usr -name libsz.* to find possible locations for this library then add that location to the LIBDIRS or LIBSZ_DIR variable in you option list.
Yours, Roland
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org