Hello people.
I've been using (a version of) GRHydro for a while and I was wondering if you know what motivated the use of an atmosphere mask. I understand that this is useful to set atmosphere states between mesh refinement levels, but I'd like to know if you've seen problems before just resetting locally to atmosphere.
Thanks!!
Luc.
--- *Dr. Luciano Combi* Postdoctoral Researcher Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics CITA National Fellow (U. of Guelph) ---
Luciano, I think GRHydro inherited the atmosphere_mask from Whisky. In Whisky the atmosphere_mask was introduced to allow to set the RHS to zero for points within the atmosphere and to avoid to run Con2Prim in those points. I do not think there is any advantage in using it and there should be no problem in setting the points to atmosphere locally without a mask (in Spritz, which comes from WhiskyMHD, we removed indeed the usage of masks).
Cheers, Bruno
Il giorno dom 10 dic 2023 alle ore 23:28 Luciano Combi < combi.luciano@gmail.com> ha scritto:
Hello people.
I've been using (a version of) GRHydro for a while and I was wondering if you know what motivated the use of an atmosphere mask. I understand that this is useful to set atmosphere states between mesh refinement levels, but I'd like to know if you've seen problems before just resetting locally to atmosphere.
Thanks!!
Luc.
*Dr. Luciano Combi* Postdoctoral Researcher Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics CITA National Fellow (U. of Guelph)
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org