Hi. Having downloaded the current release (ET_2013_05) a while ago, I want now to use GetComponents to refresh what I have locally. However, I'm getting an error when trying to use it in this way.
Specifically, I have the versions of GetComponents and einsteintoolkit.th pointed to from the "Tutorial for New Users" (https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Tutorial_for_New_Users), though I've added other arrangements/thorns to the latter.
In the normal way, I execute (and see) the following:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------
./GetComponents einsteintoolkit.th
Do you want to update all existing components? yes, no [no] : yes
Use of uninitialized value $old_url in pattern match (m//) at ./GetComponents line 1316, <STDIN> line 1. Use of uninitialized value $old_url in concatenation (.) or string at ./GetComponents line 1321, <STDIN> line 1.
Error: The URL for CactusArchive/ADM has changed, please perform a clean checkout. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------
To my knowledge, the URL for CactusArchive/ADM has *not* changed. But anyway, removing this particular thorn from the results in a similar message from the next in line (CactusBase/Boundary), and so on. Given the actual "uninitialized value $old_url" warnings above, I think there's an issue in the script, one that doesn't manifest for fresh checkouts.
Incidentally, I note that "GetComponents" itself has changed a bit since June 19, when I last downloaded it (same ET release, of course), but in both old and new versions quote the same version number (1.0.0). Perhaps this isn't a very meaningful number after all?
Thanks,
Bernard
Hi Bernard,
On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 09:57:42AM -0500, Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] wrote:
./GetComponents einsteintoolkit.th
Do you want to update all existing components? yes, no [no] : yes
Use of uninitialized value $old_url in pattern match (m//) at ./GetComponents line 1316, <STDIN> line 1. Use of uninitialized value $old_url in concatenation (.) or string at ./GetComponents line 1321, <STDIN> line 1.
Error: The URL for CactusArchive/ADM has changed, please perform a clean checkout.
Can you please execute the following command within one of the affected thorn directories, and send us the output?
svn info --non-interactive --xml
Also, it would be interesting to see which version of svn you use:
svn --version
thanks, Frank
Hi Frank.
At the time, I had only the OSX-supplied version of Subversion (1.6.18, on /usr/bin):
---------------------- output from /usr/bin/svn --version -------------------- svn, version 1.6.18 (r1303927) compiled Feb 6 2013, 14:18:52
Copyright (C) 2000-2009 CollabNet. Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.apache.org/ This product includes software developed by CollabNet (http://www.Collab.Net/).
The following repository access (RA) modules are available:
* ra_neon : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using Neon. - handles 'http' scheme - handles 'https' scheme * ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol. - handles 'svn' scheme * ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk. - handles 'file' scheme ------------------------------------------------------------------
... with info result from CactusBase:
---------------------- output from /usr/bin/svn info --non-interactive --xml ----------------------
<?xml version="1.0"?> <info> svn: '.' is not a working copy ------------------------------------------------------------------
But then I installed a more up-to-date Subversion from MacPorts (default version):
---------------------- output from svn --version --------------------
svn, version 1.8.1 (r1503906) compiled Aug 12 2013, 14:03:40 on x86_64-apple-darwin12.3.0
Copyright (C) 2013 The Apache Software Foundation. This software consists of contributions made by many people; see the NOTICE file for more information. Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.apache.org/
The following repository access (RA) modules are available:
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol. - with Cyrus SASL authentication - handles 'svn' scheme * ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk. - handles 'file' scheme * ra_serf : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using serf. - handles 'http' scheme - handles 'https' scheme ------------------------------------------------------------------
... with info result from CactusBase:
---------------------- output from svn info --non-interactive --xml ----------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <info> svn: E155036: Please see the 'svn upgrade' command svn: E155036: The working copy at '/Users/bjkelly1/Projects/CODES/Cactus' is too old (format 29) to work with client version '1.8.1 (r1503906)' (expects format 31). You need to upgrade the working copy first. ------------------------------------------------------------------
Then I went and re-downloaded the ET from scratch, and now the problem has disappeared. I really don't know if it was an SVN version mismatch or what.
Thanks anyway,
Bernard
On 8/8/13 11:07 AM, "Frank Loeffler" knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
Hi Bernard,
On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 09:57:42AM -0500, Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] wrote:
./GetComponents einsteintoolkit.th
Do you want to update all existing components? yes, no [no] : yes
Use of uninitialized value $old_url in pattern match (m//) at ./GetComponents line 1316, <STDIN> line 1. Use of uninitialized value $old_url in concatenation (.) or string at ./GetComponents line 1321, <STDIN> line 1.
Error: The URL for CactusArchive/ADM has changed, please perform a clean checkout.
Can you please execute the following command within one of the affected thorn directories, and send us the output?
svn info --non-interactive --xml
Also, it would be interesting to see which version of svn you use:
svn --version
thanks, Frank
On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 11:24:03AM -0500, Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] wrote:
svn: E155036: Please see the 'svn upgrade' command svn: E155036: The working copy at '/Users/bjkelly1/Projects/CODES/Cactus' is too old (format 29) to work with client version '1.8.1 (r1503906)' (expects format 31). You need to upgrade the working copy first.
Then I went and re-downloaded the ET from scratch, and now the problem has disappeared. I really don't know if it was an SVN version mismatch or what.
It seems it was. A subversion checkout might need to be upgraded when upgrading subversion, and GetComponent doesn't detect or do this by itself. Now, the initial problem might have been something else, but it would now be hard to find out what and it doesn't matter anyway what it was anymore I guess.
Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org