Hello Roland,
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly and for thinking they look good. I do think they would fit well on the wiki. I would be happy to provide the LaTeX source code and figure files and am happy for the document to be built upon in the future - though I would prefer for my name to be credited, as I'm sure you can understand.
How would you like me to send the source code?
Kind regards, Nick
Nicholas Choustikov
Fitzwilliam College
University of Cambridge
________________________________ From: Roland Haas Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 19:56 To: Nick Choustikov Cc: users@einsteintoolkit.org Subject: Re: [Users] Student's Tutorial for the Einstein Toolkit
Hello Nick,
those look very nice and documentation is always very welcome.
We collect some extra documentation (eg recordings of the tutorial, Miguel and Frank's Intro to the ET paper) on the wiki:
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Main_Page#Documentation
Would your's fit in there? Would you possibly consider putting the documentation under some sort of open source license and making the source code available so that it can be build upon in the future?
Yours, Roland
Dear all,
My name is Nicholas and I'm an Undergraduate Astrophysics student at the University of Cambridge. I've spent the past summer learning to use and experimenting with the Einstein Toolkit. I think it's an incredible tool and resource. I have therefore produced a tutorial (attached below) for students who wish to learn to use the Toolkit. It contains some extra information that I would have found helpful.
I would be very happy for the document to be published on the Toolkit website - where it can reach (and help!) the most people. Please let me know if you have any queries.
Kind regards,
Nicholas Choustikov
Nicholas Choustikov Fitzwilliam College University of Cambridge
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .
Hello Nick,
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly and for thinking they look good. I do think they would fit well on the wiki.
Note that I was not thinking of transforming it into a wiki page, just link to the PDF file.
I would be happy to provide the LaTeX source code and figure files and am happy for the document to be built upon in the future - though I would prefer for my name to be credited, as I'm sure you can understand.
Certainly, that is definitely expected.
How would you like me to send the source code?
Uh, good question ideally as a repository or you could also consider uploading it to the arXiv with a license that allows re-use (CC-BY or so which also satisfies the requirement of acknowledging the original author), which would add extra visibility to it (it does not need to be submitted to a journal for this).
Yours, Roland
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org