Hi
The current Einstein Toolkit web pages at
are about to be replaced with a newer design. Some content changes might go with that, but a strong emphasis is on the design change. Feel free to suggest content improvements, but please don't mix them with the design change.
The new pages can currently be previewed at
http://einsteintoolkit.org/new/index.html
We would like to get feedback before making the switch. In particular, we are interested in experiences with all kinds of browsers and/or devices and screen sizes.
If you think you've encountered a bug that relates to the layout, a screen-shot might be the best way to show what you see.
You can view the source behind the web pages within the bitbucket repository
https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/www (and separate, due to its size): https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/seminars
If you are developer, you should have write permissions. Reporting something like a typo probably takes longer than fixing it there. If you like to make larger changes and feel unsure about them, feel free to open a pull request and a ticket.
We will discuss received feedback at the next Einstein Toolkit call (Monday next week; 6th of February). Depending how things go, that might be as early as the new version goes live.
Frank Löffler
PS: Don't report the crappy look of images in Microsoft Edge (probably all IE as well). That's due to the crappy image interpolation MS uses, and there isn't a good way to deal with that other than using a decent browser.
Hi,
The list of users seems not to have been updated with new data from the submission form. Also, a map would have been nice (I think the old site has one).
I tested many of the pages from Firefox 51.0.1 (64-bit) on Ubuntu 16.04 and things seem to be fine. A minor caveat seems to the rather funny placement of buttons (they seem to be too close to the text). I don't know if this is a browser rendering issue or a design issue.
Maitraya.
On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 1:50 AM, Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
Hi
The current Einstein Toolkit web pages at
are about to be replaced with a newer design. Some content changes might go with that, but a strong emphasis is on the design change. Feel free to suggest content improvements, but please don't mix them with the design change.
The new pages can currently be previewed at
http://einsteintoolkit.org/new/index.html
We would like to get feedback before making the switch. In particular, we are interested in experiences with all kinds of browsers and/or devices and screen sizes.
If you think you've encountered a bug that relates to the layout, a screen-shot might be the best way to show what you see.
You can view the source behind the web pages within the bitbucket repository
https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/www (and separate, due to its size): https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/seminars
If you are developer, you should have write permissions. Reporting something like a typo probably takes longer than fixing it there. If you like to make larger changes and feel unsure about them, feel free to open a pull request and a ticket.
We will discuss received feedback at the next Einstein Toolkit call (Monday next week; 6th of February). Depending how things go, that might be as early as the new version goes live.
Frank Löffler
PS: Don't report the crappy look of images in Microsoft Edge (probably all IE as well). That's due to the crappy image interpolation MS uses, and there isn't a good way to deal with that other than using a decent browser.
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Hi Maitraya
Thanks for your input!
On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 04:58:44AM +0530, Maitraya Bhattacharyya wrote:
The list of users seems not to have been updated with new data from the submission form.
This requires manual editing, and will remain that way - mostly for reasons of spam-preventing.
Also, a map would have been nice (I think the old site has one).
The old didn't. We have thought about it, but it would require us to also get the coordinates for each member. It is still on the table, but would require some work.
I tested many of the pages from Firefox 51.0.1 (64-bit) on Ubuntu 16.04 and things seem to be fine. A minor caveat seems to the rather funny placement of buttons (they seem to be too close to the text). I don't know if this is a browser rendering issue or a design issue.
I now see what you mean. I've added a little space in between, and I agree that it looks better that way. Thanks!
Frank
On 31 Jan 2017, at 15:44, Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
Hi Maitraya
Thanks for your input!
On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 04:58:44AM +0530, Maitraya Bhattacharyya wrote:
The list of users seems not to have been updated with new data from the submission form.
This requires manual editing, and will remain that way - mostly for reasons of spam-preventing.
Also, a map would have been nice (I think the old site has one).
The old didn't. We have thought about it, but it would require us to also get the coordinates for each member. It is still on the table, but would require some work.
What about the other sort of map, i.e. a sitemap? It might be useful to have a page with a simple hierarchical tree of all the pages on the site. Does bootstrap have something for that? If not, then don't worry, but if it's easy, it would be good to have.
-- Ian Hinder http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin
Hello Frank,
what would be good (I think) would be a "search" button and some type of site index (or table of content) since right now eg I cannot find the "maintainers" page on the new layout.
Yours, Roland
On the geographical map, there was a Mathematica script that Daniel George had that could generate an image with the ET locations and/or a file that could be read in google maps
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1Tg_Mj5kI0Y3ZNMMw9hnwUElpD1s&am...
On Jan 31, 2017, at 8:44 AM, Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
Hi Maitraya
Thanks for your input!
On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 04:58:44AM +0530, Maitraya Bhattacharyya wrote:
The list of users seems not to have been updated with new data from the submission form.
This requires manual editing, and will remain that way - mostly for reasons of spam-preventing.
Also, a map would have been nice (I think the old site has one).
The old didn't. We have thought about it, but it would require us to also get the coordinates for each member. It is still on the table, but would require some work.
I tested many of the pages from Firefox 51.0.1 (64-bit) on Ubuntu 16.04 and things seem to be fine. A minor caveat seems to the rather funny placement of buttons (they seem to be too close to the text). I don't know if this is a browser rendering issue or a design issue.
I now see what you mean. I've added a little space in between, and I agree that it looks better that way. Thanks!
Frank
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org