Gcc warns. But I get so many warnings due to variable shadowing and fortran subroutine calls without interface that I only see them if I hunt for them. Its not as if I recompile the flesh very often. :-)
We could make the warning an error and that should help but may break some code tgat does not eg declare printf.
Yours Roland
----- Original Message ----- From: Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply@einsteintoolkit.org Sent: 2015/03/06 - 21:19 To: null Subject: Re: [Einstein Toolkit] #1712: Retire snprintf.c
#1712: Retire snprintf.c -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: task | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
Regarding {{{strdup}}}: Ouch. Hello 1972, nice to meet you.
Isn't there a gcc warning that requires prototypes for all functions? I think we should be able to enable this safely.
-- Ticket URL: https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1712#comment:6 Einstein Toolkit http://einsteintoolkit.org The Einstein Toolkit
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org