Hello,
I want to benchmark the Einstein Toolkit on a new POWER9 cluster. My goals are to understand how the code scales and how the performances compare with the ones on other supercomputers.
Is there a standard benchmark suite that covers all the typical use-cases and stresses all the different moving components (including IO, inter-node communication, ...)?
Is there a set of results on benchmarks/scaling on recent machines? I found some emails on the subject and a page on the wiki for old clusters, but I cannot track down what is the most recent information on the topic.
Thanks, Gabriele Bozzola
Hello Gabriele,
to my best knowledge no standard benchmark suite or regularly updated previous results exists.
You could use eg the BBH gallery example and run its mid or hig resolution case (N=32 or so) and check speed.
Yours, Roland
Hello,
I want to benchmark the Einstein Toolkit on a new POWER9 cluster. My goals are to understand how the code scales and how the performances compare with the ones on other supercomputers.
Is there a standard benchmark suite that covers all the typical use-cases and stresses all the different moving components (including IO, inter-node communication, ...)?
Is there a set of results on benchmarks/scaling on recent machines? I found some emails on the subject and a page on the wiki for old clusters, but I cannot track down what is the most recent information on the topic.
Thanks, Gabriele Bozzola
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org