Hi Erik,
I noticed that users are supposed to make the following changes to udb.pm. Edit udb.pm and
* replace YOUR_LOGIN with your username on Queen Bee * YOUR@EMAIL.ADDRESS with your usual email address * YOUR_ALLOCATION with your project allocation on Queen Bee
Although I believe that users who follow the instruction won't have trouble to locate where to change, I am wondering if it would be easier to have a file similar to Cactus parameter file to store pure key value pairs ? e.g. user="jtao"
The same goes for mdb.pm.
Regards, Jian
On 13 Apr 2010, at 10:24, Jian Tao wrote:
Hi Erik,
I noticed that users are supposed to make the following changes to udb.pm. Edit udb.pm and
* replace YOUR_LOGIN with your username on Queen Bee * YOUR@EMAIL.ADDRESS with your usual email address * YOUR_ALLOCATION with your project allocation on Queen BeeAlthough I believe that users who follow the instruction won't have trouble to locate where to change, I am wondering if it would be easier to have a file similar to Cactus parameter file to store pure key value pairs ? e.g. user="jtao"
The same goes for mdb.pm.
Yes, this is being worked on. Erik has done a lot of work to support this new format in SimFactory, but as far as I know it is not yet finished or tested.
On Apr 13, 2010, at 9:47 , Ian Hinder wrote:
On 13 Apr 2010, at 10:24, Jian Tao wrote:
Hi Erik,
I noticed that users are supposed to make the following changes to udb.pm. Edit udb.pm and
- replace YOUR_LOGIN with your username on Queen Bee
- YOUR@EMAIL.ADDRESS with your usual email address
- YOUR_ALLOCATION with your project allocation on Queen Bee
Although I believe that users who follow the instruction won't have trouble to locate where to change, I am wondering if it would be easier to have a file similar to Cactus parameter file to store pure key value pairs ? e.g. user="jtao"
The same goes for mdb.pm.
Yes, this is being worked on. Erik has done a lot of work to support this new format in SimFactory, but as far as I know it is not yet finished or tested.
Michael Thomas implemented the new database format over spring break. He did so while re-structuring and re-writing SimFactory in Python. He is not finished yet, and you can look at the current state in the "py" subdirectory of SimFactory. It supports the "sync" command only so far.
For our current needs, we can tell people where in the file to look, as in "near the bottom".
-erik
On 13 Apr 2010, at 18:02, Erik Schnetter wrote:
On Apr 13, 2010, at 9:47 , Ian Hinder wrote:
On 13 Apr 2010, at 10:24, Jian Tao wrote:
Hi Erik,
I noticed that users are supposed to make the following changes to udb.pm. Edit udb.pm and
- replace YOUR_LOGIN with your username on Queen Bee
- YOUR@EMAIL.ADDRESS with your usual email address
- YOUR_ALLOCATION with your project allocation on Queen Bee
Although I believe that users who follow the instruction won't have trouble to locate where to change, I am wondering if it would be easier to have a file similar to Cactus parameter file to store pure key value pairs ? e.g. user="jtao"
The same goes for mdb.pm.
Yes, this is being worked on. Erik has done a lot of work to support this new format in SimFactory, but as far as I know it is not yet finished or tested.
Michael Thomas implemented the new database format over spring break. He did so while re-structuring and re-writing SimFactory in Python. He is not finished yet, and you can look at the current state in the "py" subdirectory of SimFactory. It supports the "sync" command only so far.
For our current needs, we can tell people where in the file to look, as in "near the bottom".
I'm confused - does this mean that the ini file support is not going into the perl version?
On Apr 13, 2010, at 11:12 , Ian Hinder wrote:
On 13 Apr 2010, at 18:02, Erik Schnetter wrote:
On Apr 13, 2010, at 9:47 , Ian Hinder wrote:
On 13 Apr 2010, at 10:24, Jian Tao wrote:
Hi Erik,
I noticed that users are supposed to make the following changes to udb.pm. Edit udb.pm and
- replace YOUR_LOGIN with your username on Queen Bee
- YOUR@EMAIL.ADDRESS with your usual email address
- YOUR_ALLOCATION with your project allocation on Queen Bee
Although I believe that users who follow the instruction won't have trouble to locate where to change, I am wondering if it would be easier to have a file similar to Cactus parameter file to store pure key value pairs ? e.g. user="jtao"
The same goes for mdb.pm.
Yes, this is being worked on. Erik has done a lot of work to support this new format in SimFactory, but as far as I know it is not yet finished or tested.
Michael Thomas implemented the new database format over spring break. He did so while re-structuring and re-writing SimFactory in Python. He is not finished yet, and you can look at the current state in the "py" subdirectory of SimFactory. It supports the "sync" command only so far.
For our current needs, we can tell people where in the file to look, as in "near the bottom".
I'm confused - does this mean that the ini file support is not going into the perl version?
Oops. This is correct, we decided not to do that. Using the inifile format seemed not urgent, and there are several other long-requested features that require some restructuring of the current code.
-erik
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org