Hello,
I am currently attempting to work my way through this website, for setting up the Einstein toolkit on windows. Setup Tutorial - Einstein Toolkit Documentation https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Setup_Tutorial. I am using Ubuntu in windows powershell for my installation, but when it comes to the part about option lists for different linux versions on the webpage, I am unable to find the option list they are referencing and can't seem to find any replacement for it. I'm using simfactory2 instead of the original simfactory they reference in the 2017 web page, and the most recent versions of all the files and cactus that are posted on the website.
Best, Hamza
Hello Hamza,
I am currently attempting to work my way through this website, for setting up the Einstein toolkit on windows. Setup Tutorial - Einstein Toolkit Documentation <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Setup_T... >. I
Uff, that is one very old tutorial. It is unfortunately quite likely out of date (I will add a warning on top to that effect).
Instead I would suggest following the instructions in the juyter notebook (by copying and pasting the commands from the cells to your terminal):
https://github.com/einsteintoolkit/jupyter-et/blob/master/tutorial-server/no...
It lists both the Ubuntu packages to install and the commands used to download and compile. No custom option list is required anymore and the "generic.cfg" one used by default will work.
am using Ubuntu in windows powershell for my installation, but when it comes to the part about option lists for different linux versions on the webpage, I am unable to find the option list they are referencing and can't seem to find any replacement for it. I'm using simfactory2 instead of the original simfactory they reference in the 2017 web page, and the most recent versions of all the files and cactus that are posted on the website.
With the prerequisite packages installed you will not require any special option list since Cactus's build system will detect all required packages.
Yours, Roland
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org