Hi,
I am trying to build the ET on Damiana, and everything compiles except the utilities. The Carpet utilities build successfully, but I get an error when it tries to build the GRHydro utility:
Building utilities for sim... Executing: make -j 16 -l 8 sim-utils ________________________________________________________________________ Building utilities for sim Compiling /home/ianhin/Cactus2/etrelease/arrangements/Carpet/ CarpetIOASCII/src/util/carpet2xgraph.c Compiling /home/ianhin/Cactus2/etrelease/arrangements/Carpet/ CarpetIOHDF5/src/util/hdf5toascii_slicer.cc Compiling /home/ianhin/Cactus2/etrelease/arrangements/Carpet/ CarpetIOHDF5/src/util/hdf5_slicer.cc make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/home/ianhin/Cactus2/etrelease/ exe/sim/Riemann1d', needed by `utils'. Stop. make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... make: *** [sim-utils] Error 2 Uncaught exception from user code: Error 2 occurred while executing command "make -j 16 -l 8 sim- utils" at simfactory/sim line 4525. at simfactory/sim line 4525 main::execute('make -j 16 -l 8 sim-utils') called at simfactory/sim line 1708 main::command_build() called at simfactory/sim line 452
Riemann1D is a .f90 file in GRHydro/src/util. Is there something special which has to be done to build Fortran utilities?
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 07:41:01PM +0200, Ian Hinder wrote:
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/home/ianhin/Cactus2/etrelease/ exe/sim/Riemann1d', needed by `utils'. Stop.
This was caused by a mistake in the arrangement path in the make information of GRHydro. Thanks for reporting, it should be fixed (although I do have trouble building it because some linker flags might be missing).
Frank
On 14 Jun 2010, at 22:44, Frank Loeffler wrote:
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 07:41:01PM +0200, Ian Hinder wrote:
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/home/ianhin/Cactus2/etrelease/ exe/sim/Riemann1d', needed by `utils'. Stop.
This was caused by a mistake in the arrangement path in the make information of GRHydro. Thanks for reporting, it should be fixed (although I do have trouble building it because some linker flags might be missing).
I found that I needed to add -openmp to the LDFLAGS on Mac OS to avoid some errors building the utilities; maybe this helps.
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org