Hi all,
Since GetComponents was designed to be separate from Cactus and the Einstein Toolkit, I have decided to move GetComponents to GitHub for hosting. The new project page is http://github.com/gridaphobe/GetComponents. It also has a nice new wiki and issue tracker :). If you just want to grab the latest version of GetComponents you can find it at http://github.com/gridaphobe/GetComponents/raw/stable/GetComponents or on my website www.eseidel.org. I also updated the Einstein Toolkit wiki to reflect the move.
Note that I the stable version is still the ET_2010_06 release so if you are using the release version you don't have to worry about updating yet. I'll make another announcement if I decide to update the stable branch.
Thanks,
Eric
Hi again,
A few more notes, I updated the Einstein Toolkit development thornlist to include the new location of GetComponents. In doing so I discovered a small bug, GetComponents does not create symlinks properly if !CHECKOUT does not contain a "/"... I fixed this but it is only reflected in the new location. So if you are using the development version of the Toolkit, please run
wget http://github.com/gridaphobe/GetComponents/raw/master/GetComponents
to get the new version, and then update the Cactus source tree (you may need to do this twice, since the first update will grab the new thornlist).
I set it up to symlink in the root level of Cactus for convenience, but we could also have it link into the old location.
Eric
One more thing,
If anyone would like to have write access to the repository (in case something comes up when I'm not available), just email me with your github account name and I'll add you as a collaborator.
Eric
On Sep 17, 2010, at 6:17 PM, Eric Seidel wrote:
Hi again,
A few more notes, I updated the Einstein Toolkit development thornlist to include the new location of GetComponents. In doing so I discovered a small bug, GetComponents does not create symlinks properly if !CHECKOUT does not contain a "/"... I fixed this but it is only reflected in the new location. So if you are using the development version of the Toolkit, please run
wget http://github.com/gridaphobe/GetComponents/raw/master/GetComponents
to get the new version, and then update the Cactus source tree (you may need to do this twice, since the first update will grab the new thornlist).
I set it up to symlink in the root level of Cactus for convenience, but we could also have it link into the old location.
Eric
On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 06:23:54PM -0400, Eric Seidel wrote:
If anyone would like to have write access to the repository (in case something comes up when I'm not available), just email me with your github account name and I'll add you as a collaborator.
Eric: So, I created a user just for this: knarrff. for the others: It's easy and free to create a user, for open source software at least.
thanks for adding me, Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org